When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Starting a Pypal dispute with Asian7750? SOLVED!

fitipaldi

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No offence taken Jackster, I just think it's funny to complain about stealing photos when you are talking about counterfeit watches :lol:

You can justify it any way you choose would fit your wallet too... but to speak for the ones who are doing the stealing is just as good as someone who does the deed..

true colours MP..

Should Tony do it? No, is it right? no, does it effect the people that by from him in any way shape or form? No.....

I am not here to protect forum dealers, let them fend for themselves, if Tony was a scam merchant, bait and switching and price gouging it would be a different matter, but he doesn't, he offers great service, with very good prices and fantastic special offers :)

At the end of the day this isn't wall mart, and copyright and intellectual property rights don't come into play at all. Like I said, the dealers are looking out for themselves and their own interests, not ours. The artificially high priced Asian clone debacle is proof of this, they all price it high, and make large amount of $$$ from us because of it.....

We are here to look out for out our fellow members, and protect them and inform them of the good and bad deals and share info, yes some of the dealers are part of the community too, but they are well and truly on the other side of the fence.....

Cheers! B)

think it's funny to complain about stealing photos when you are talking about counterfeit watches :lol:

I hear you. It is definitely funny for me to holler...

"I expect my counterfeit dealer to have good business ethics."

It's a bit (hell, a lot) counter-intuitive . But that is the reason I joined here, to find some honesty in this business. Lol. I know - sounds strange, but I am glad there is a "RWG". And I am glad there are great members like you and Lanikai who have built this place for newbie's to find.

Since that dealer is stealing Josh's pics, as is clearly evident with this one, where do you draw the line? Obviously, for you, it is at the pricepoint. That's fine. You can make that call. But don't defend his unethical business practice proven here. That would only serve to put your character in question, as well.

I gave that other site the benefit of the doubt when looking at his watches online. I had no reason to doubt the dealer. Now I do; I won't buy from him.

I'm glad I bought my first rep here via Josh just weeks ago.

It's best to know what your talking about or one can stick there foot In there mouth.I know, thats a callus remark :yuk: But before you get all preechy and the like you might want to know why Josh and Andrew dont pedal there merchandise at Rep Geek anymore. Because they were asked to leave.It's always a good Idea to know what your talking about before you sound off :rolleyes: Dont get me wrong I think Josh and Andrew are good dealers but so Is Tony.

:lol:

Please Lani, don't make me laugh :animal_rooster:

It's just watches after all, fake ones at that. Very nice yes, but not life and death :p

Your right it is not life and death.. because it's not happening to you..

You can laugh all you want MP.. because you are not negatively affected.. self centered yes... thoughtful of what the real issue's are.. NO..

If some similar situation was happening to you ..

I think you would be singing a very different tune.

that is so typical :rofl:

Edit Add.. my point is not about Tony as a dealer .. it has to do with stealing someone's work.. regardless if they are offering better prices.. that is what is missed and justified out by the deals.. whomever the originator may be .. and Josh is brought into

this because it is his pics..

I'd be very surprised if the forum condoned this line of biz practice... dual principles does not exist here.. at least I would hope it doesn't

Even if it were happening to me, it would still not be life and death, would it? :whistling:

The real issue here is effecting the Twins (who by the way both use the same photos ), and I am sure they are not overly effected by such a small dealer like Tony. If they were would I really care? You know the answer there.....

As for being self centered, care to elaborate? I am struggling to read between the line on that one.....

I think you may be holding a torch that was never really lit, or at least the batteries have now run out! :p

It's best to know what your talking about or one can stick there foot In there mouth.I know, thats a callus remark :yuk:But before you get all preechy and the like you might want to know why Josh and Andrew dont pedal there merchandise at Rep Geek anymore. Because they were asked to leave.It's always a good Idea to know what your talking about before you sound off :rolleyes: Dont get me wrong I think Josh and Andrew are good dealers but so Is Tony.

Really? So it's not just RWI who've shown them the door? Wow. Times sure are changing...

Are the "twins" and the "cartel" the same? Could someone explain what's up with that?

Joshua brought Andrew into the biz long ago.. they are life long friends.. they share the cost of pics and genuine watches.. but have their own accountants..

They have been given different monikers..

people form their opinions.. not so much based on facts but appearances..

Joshua is the Senior dealer of a group of "factory" dealers who provide the makers with the genuine to replicate.. they used to rely solely on pics back in the day.. they supply gen parts.. ie. crystals date wheels..

the makers set the prices.. all of the dealers that have agreed to source and contribute genuine are asked to keep the same prices so there will be no undercutting..

Joshua brought Andrew into the biz long ago.. they are life long friends.. they share the cost of pics and genuine watches.. but have their own accountants..

They have been given different monikers..

people form their opinions.. not so much based on facts but appearances..

Joshua is the Senior dealer of a group of "factory" dealers who provide the makers with the genuine to replicate.. they used to rely solely on pics back in the day.. they supply gen parts.. ie. crystals date wheels..

the makers set the prices.. all of the dealers that have agreed to source and contribute genuine are asked to keep the same prices so there will be no undercutting..

That pretty much describes fixing the market price to a tee :)

Like the new AP Survivor costing nearly $700 delivered.....

Maxman

I can only make decisions based on what I know, not what others know. I am ok with that. I long ago accepted I can't and don't know everything.

I will always speak for myself, but would never preach to this choir.

Ok Jack, no harm no foul. It's just that there Is always two sides to a story, always. I guess my point Is that Josh and Andrew might have made some poor choices In the past, OK fair enough, who hasn't? Tony could have also made some better decisions as far as the pics are concerned. Maybe this thread will be a wake up call. :g: I purchase from both of these dealers. I just dont think It's fair to call Tony a scam artist. That may suggest that he rips members off, he's a good guy who sell's a good product. This has been my experence :) Mike

All members are free to purchase from their dealer of choice..I'm happy with my purchases and that is what matters..when members start dictating what other dealers should do when they don't buy from them .. it's time to ignore...rebels without a clue..

Ok Jack, no harm no foul. It's just that there Is always two sides to a story, always. I guess my point Is that Josh and Andrew might have made some poor choices In the past, OK fair enough, who hasn't? Tony could have also made some better decisions as far as the pics are concerned. Maybe this thread will be a wake up call. :g: I purchase from both of these dealers. I just dont think It's fair to call Tony a scam artist. That may suggest that he rips members off, he's a good guy who sell's a good product. This has been my experence :) Mike

The Machiavellian twists from the past are fascinating. Interesting.

Just for the record - I never called Tony a scam artist: that was a different poster. I only pointed out that I don't like his practice, established in this thread, of sometimes using another's pics. Is there no honor among...counterfeiters? :rolleyes:

But the fact that Tony takes PayPal does say something positive for him. In fact, a PayPal dispute is what started this whole thread. So...back to whatever the hell that was all about.

Perhaps Tony/A7750 should just start taking his own pics? Surely that would be easier than photoshopping someone else's water mark out? If he had his own pics, then there would be no room for bringing details like this to light, as it just wouldn't be an issue.

A number of us take our own pics, and that's just to share with others on the forum; if someone's making a business out of this, the least they could do is snap a few pics of their own products that they're selling.

I fail to see anyone dictating to other members in this thread, or any "clueless" rebels, just open and honest views :)

Tony does take pictures of his watches, the exact watch you order from him in fact, so you see what you are buying first, you just have to ask him. Better than drop shipping that's for sure!

Hi,

I don't know if Tony read my post, or a member talked with him about my problem. The thing is, today, a few minutes ago, I received an answer from Tony. He was agree to respect his word and also accepted all the proof I sent about the shipping. He will give me a credit of 50% of the watch.

Thanks to everybody and thanks to RWG to exist.

I fail to see anyone dictating to other members in this thread, or any "clueless" rebels, just open and honest views :)

Tony does take pictures of his watches, the exact watch you order from him in fact, so you see what you are buying first, you just have to ask him. Better than drop shipping that's for sure!

Mickey my alluding to "clueless".. is not bringing your IQ into play..

this for me is not about who has the best deals or opinions on why dealers price.. or demeaning dealers..

it is solely about the fact that if you are making a profit .. whatever it is 1.00-100.00 and are doing so by taking someone's work (stealing) someones work to do so .. that is not right.. PERIOD...

where do you draw the line?? you will defend tony for his practices because of the sole fact that you feel his pricing is what all should charge..?

those initial pics that are viewed are tie ones that sell the watches.. if not why steal them?? the simple solution.. take your own pics of the product "you" are selling.. if you don't want to it must mean one thing.. you can do better with someone's pics and that to me equates to somebody else dong the work for you to make a profit..

Take away the prices and what do you have?? stolen pics.. period.. all other justifications as to why should not come into play.. be it a rep watch or not... a thought of showing the same pic for a better price comes to mind..the same pic.. better price..

What gets me is not the fact that we are supposed to be all right with stolen merchandise because these are reps.. where do we draw the line??

I'm not dictating.. if you feel that it's OK to steal.. weather it's for reps or not .. that is your mindset..

you talk about "honest views".. is that not contradicting the "honesty" factor ..

My point is .. if you sell a rep .. you don't have to be totally honest?.. how many times have we seen that here through the years?

where do we draw the line to "scams".. is scamming another dealer's pics justifiable dishonesty?

shall I take pics off the net to sell the same watch for a great price??

I could go on .. because for me your either going to be honest or your not.. like either your pregnant or not.. there is not "Well kind of"

that is my view on the forum.. unless your a child molester or something of that nature.. I'd like to draw the line on what is acceptable.. not because of a good deal..

Hi,

I don't know if Tony read my post, or a member talked with him about my problem. The thing is, today, a few minutes ago, I received an answer from Tony. He was agree to respect his word and also accepted all the proof I sent about the shipping. He will give me a credit of 50% of the watch.

Thanks to everybody and thanks to RWG to exist.

Good for you fitipaldi, I hope everything works out well for you, good luck and keep us posted. :thumbsupsmileyanim: Mike

Ask the admin if they condone this type of dealing ethics ?

Nope...

We don't...

Ethics in a counterfeit goods market? :lol:

MP, quit being a little pot stirrer...

We all know your bias...

Feel free to pound your drum at your home forum...

Perhaps Tony/A7750 should just start taking his own pics?

+1

Good for you fitipaldi, I hope everything works out well for you, good luck and keep us posted. :thumbsupsmileyanim: Mike

+1

TT