When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I'm So Excited, And I Just Can't Fight It

Finepics

Crown is fine - it will wobble a small amount as it is a spung crown, but it has a double O ring in the crown and the usual crown tube with O ring so excellent water resistance (as they all have) and no reason why I could not go diving to moderate depths with this.

Just got it all back together - boy does that lume glow

112833-23512.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Crown is fine - it will wobble a small amount as it is a spung crown, but it has a double O ring in the crown and the usual crown tube with O ring so excellent water resistance (as they all have) and no reason why I could not go diving to moderate depths with this.

Just got it all back together - boy does that lume glow

112834-23511.jpg

Bloody brilliant! :Jumpy:

Thanks my man - tell you what - it is bloody nice. The blue dial is really rather cool and sets it aside a bit from all the others. And it really feels solid like in a bar room brawl you could strap it round your fingers, use it as a knuckleduster and it'll still work afterwards!!

I did strap it on my fingers but was a bit hesitant about giving a try but nevetheless, it sure feels solid as a ROCK!

112861-23497.jpg

112861-23498.jpg

112861-23499.jpg

P/s Mark, your illume looks wicked!! Mine, on the other hand, :yuk: but pretty good for a rep I guess

Just got this baby today and I am loving it bits!!!!!!

I did strap it on my fingers but was a bit hesitant about giving a try but nevetheless, it sure feels solid as a ROCK!

113161-23436.jpg

113161-23437.jpg

113161-23438.jpg

P/s Mark, your illume looks wicked!! Mine, on the other hand, :yuk: but pretty good for a rep I guess

Just got this baby today and I am loving it bits!!!!!!

He he - exactly - now I need never get bullied again!!!!

@Madasboot If I were to throw it - it might cause rather a lot of damage so best to keep it on my wrist :bleh:

Got mine today. Off for Tritium relume. The crystal is great and appears to have AR coat. The AR combined with the blue dial causes the dial to look purple in flourescent light. As everyone else has said the case and bezel are rock solid. The cyclops is ground into the crystal just like the Asian 7750 24. :)

Ricky Martin. Not too proud that I recognized it right away...

Do you know how I know that you are... nevermind.

Es Una Bebida

Que Va Cambiando Tu Vida

Una Gotita De Nada

Te Vuelve Loca

Loca Divertida

Agua De Risa

Con Unas Gotas De Rosa

Y Una Acietuna Sabrosa

Y En Lo Caliente

Esa Es la Bomba

Muevete Mamita

Que Me Vuelvo Loco

Emborrachadita Que La Bomba Estas

Cosa Linda, Cosa Mona

Sube, Sube, Que La Bomba Va

Bum, Bum, Dando Media Vuelta

Bum, Bum, Otra Vuelta Mas

Bum, Bum, Y En Cada Esquina

Nena Dame Mas

Que Noche Con Vida

Intensamente Vivida

Te Vas Quedando Colgada

Inofensiva

Pura Enamorada,

Mira Guapa

Sale Volando La Ropa

Sigue Bailando La Luna

Luna Gatuna

Esa Es La Bomba

Well, Jos said mine will be shipped out this Friday.

Out of the box, what mods are "REALLY" needed finepics?

Is it like most reps and basically need a bit of time spent with the case and finishing pads or is it one of those that all the problems are with the dial. I.E. covering chrome bits on the markers, realigining markers, etc.

In other words, what are the glaring problems that need to be adressed before wearing it?

@ speedy1: I do not any concerns at this moment to do any re-touching. I doubt I will be doing any as I am very happy with how this watch turns out. Better than what I expected. The crooked dial markers at '10' and '8' dont bother me. If anything should bother me a great deal, it would be the date mag. So far no one is able to reproduce anything close to the gen so I have no complains there. Plus, this date mag is comparatively more visible than other PAMs that I have.

This is quite a heavy watch, not as heavy as 187 but for a 44mm it is heavy. I love the height of this monster. All in all, this is a great buy and definitely one of the better reps. I wish they have the 64. Not too keen on the blue dial but under certain light, the dial changes from navy blue to dark blue - almost black in colour. The darker colour would be my preference. If they did an all-black fantasy dial, I am all for it. If the factory decides to do a 243, I would be more than happy (if they fix that date mag!!) :)

I'm about to lose control and I think I like it.

JTB

Sorry for this but I just had to exorcise the demon that is the second line of the title of this thread in the oh too familiar song. Everytime I scrolled through posts and hit this one I kept repeating that next line and couldn't progress to the next post.

Hopefully I will be cured now. :evil2:

I'm about to lose control and I think I like it.

JTB

Sorry for this but I just had to exorcise the demon that is the second line of the title of this thread in the oh too familiar song. Everytime I scrolled through posts and hit this one I kept repeating that next line and couldn't progress to the next post.

Hopefully I will be cured now. :evil2:

And you just can't hide it!!

@speedy - You can see the paint that is missing on the corners and edges of some of the markers in the dealers pics so this is obviously a common problem. They are not really that visible to the naked eye but reflect when in direct light so become more noticeable then as a pinpont highlight.

here are the both pam87 gen models.

rolli

post-2837-1157725437_thumb.jpgpost-2837-1157725463_thumb.jpg

Ok here's the verdict - I only took one pic as I am not setup for macro work with flash. So here is a quick pic:

115064-22985.jpg

Well what do we have - the case is nicely made with sharp edges and a fine brushed finish. I suspect this has come from the same factory as the other subs and possibly Honpo's 187. The bezel clicks around in minute clicks. The crystal is about 3mm thick - not the 5mm it should be but certainly not something you could tell just by looking at it although I cannot tellif there is an AR coat - if there is it's not obvious. The massive diameter cyclops is built in like all the rep sub range. The date wheel has the usual disappointing skinny font so that is ripe for an upgrade.

Now we have all seen the problem with the 8 and 10 markers - they are rotated away from the subdial and so out of alignment with the hands and minute markers. As I suspected the markers have 2 pins on their underside and are glud to the dial. So they have to be removed very carefully, one of the pins ground off and then reglued using a tiny drop of epoxy glue. I have done this already and have just finished the lume. On e thing I did notice, and you can see this in the dealers photos, is that the corners of some of the hour markers are showing the chrome plate (the markers are made of plated copper then painted) through the blue - you can see them as highlights. A quick fix is to touch them up carefully with a TDK blue CD marker pen. Luckily this is about the right colour and enough to touch them out. One of my markers was particularly bad but looks fine now.

The most interesting thing is the bezel lume dot window which, to my suprise, is glass. The only way to lume this was to break it out by gently tapping it with a screwdriver. I have now filled it with SL and will use a clear resin to replace the window later. The bezel markers have also had a polish up as has the cannon pinion top. Just waiting for everything to dry now!!

The CG needed a little bit of metal removing from the feet to tighten the lever to the crown - I am confident of certainly 999m if not 1000m!!!!

The movt is the now familiar 7750B1 - the rotor is not decorated but there is a proper metal movt ring. The strap is the newer more stretchy type rubber divers strap so that will need to be changed but looks the part for the moment.

Conclusion - as we expected. There are a couple of niggly things - the dial markers are for me the biggest issue as fixing them means a lot of adrenaline and sweating!!! But whatever - it's a must have and bloody heavy too.