When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Whatever happened to TTK?

gridlock1983

I'm not quite sure I understand why you would welcome him back as a member but not a dealer, it would appear that he was controversial in both areas...

And yes you are right "controversial" is the right term, but if you consider that there is barely

one person registered on rwg or other boards that could claim for himself the title beeing

"everybodies darling" this seems not the biggest problem to me... i dunno what exactly anybody

would think or act like if there would a comeback? Now i would just "welcome" ttk back as a

friend to the community in general if he is willing to step up like this.

And for the point you mentioned "as a dealer" i might just recall that there have been serious issues

and good reasons on why the moderation team was forced to set an end to the story.

This drama was like an earthquake-like wave starting at one board ended up by cutting his account, with the same issues popping up on other boards where he was still active as a dealer and the same sad

end was somehow inevitable - he got suspended. This kind of drama to that extend WAS and i guess still

IS without precedent, there has never been before a person banned with such a huge influence as a

member and dealer, huge knowledge, earned reputation and the like.

And maybe there WILL never be a second similar case to that extent.

Other cases of banning/excluding because of various reasons such as trolling, scamming, fraud etc.

are "just" stories - the case of Neil/ttk was truly a drama for all sites involved and i really

did hope for all (members who ordered, admin team, Neil) watching it that it couldve somehow

turned to a happy ending... unfortunately this was not the case :(

...what would you hope to achieve by allowing him to return, ..., what would hius contribution be then, pretty photographs only?

Now this is a question that only Neil could give you the answer to...

you could also ask "would he feel happy beeing around here again?" with the same 1000 answers

all just hypotheses!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really do hope that someone will be able to step up and at last enlighten the people with

a short info about his state of health and hopefully some good news!

Good nite @all

George

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmm

To my recollection he never used the 'PM' system when he was alive

'No PMs' and a deliberately full 'in box' was de riguer for the last two years of his trading here

In fact I think he always wanted you to remove the PM facility

But hey who knows what comms a real necroposter would employ ;)

Edited by narikaa

To my recollection he never used the 'PM' system when he was alive

So... are you confirming that he is no longer alive??? :whistling:

If so, I will surely miss Neil badly... I think I may have been one of the last to talk with him...

Say it ain't so...

If we can get away from these discussions of dealing, which are totally irrelevant anyway, we would like to try and confirm Neils well being or lack thereof.

He was a character, enjoyed by some and disliked by others but he was also one of the longest serving member/dealer on the boards.

If he has truly passed away many of us would like to pay our last respects.

Ken

It is a too bad Neil left with threats and members not getting a refund, nor the watches that were pre-ordered.. that is water under the proverbial bridge.. some that were absent when all this transpired remember TTK prior to the "happenings", and weather they be good memories or not... the point is if Neil does return .. what of the members that are still owed money.. and if he is no longer of this earth then it is mute to carry on wondering.. and speculating..we need proof one way or the other..

Welcome him back ??? that is a hot debate.. let the past rest .. there's no need for us to resurrect it..imo

Until we all get confirmation from a reliable source.. like an obituary ..

We should really move on..

just ma .02

Obviously he will be back, TTK cant die ( he is the Kwisatz Haderach) and when he does I hope and beleive he will reedem himself of the above mentioned lack of refund etc (possibly minus those that really have [censored] him off...if you know what i am hinting at...)

For what is worth he was showing as online on Skype Wednesday or Thursday this week, but I didnt spoke to him. So I really dont know anything.

+1

I have seen him online a couple of times in the past month but he didn't reply to my messages.

I never got my last two watches from him but I am more worried about a fellow human being than a couple of cheap fakes. Unlike a LOT of people, I did my research on Neil BEFORE I bought from him, so I knew there was some risk involved. He was clearly neither quick nor responsive as a dealer and he appeared to be somewhat unstable. I bought from him for the simple reason that he was a pivotal figure in this hobby from the beginning and I wanted to "touch the void" so to speak. So when he disappeared I was not upset with him, I got what I wanted - a unique experience. Oh that many others had bothered to spend thirty seconds researching their dealer BEFORE they bought - all the bellyaching really got tiring.

If you're referring to the Skype ID 'TTK2002', you're chasing shadows

That is on his computer back in Thailand and is only used by his partner back there (she incidentally will not answer/respond to any foreign comms).Neil has not used that ID since he left Thailand.

Thanks, I had a feeling it might be someone else.

I hope that wherever he is, he is well.

• 3 weeks later...

Ahh Neil, a blast from the TRC past! I personally never really had any issues with TTK... his turnaround sucked but always delivered for me in the end.

Got a kick from reading his posts but I always avoided getting caught in the crossfire :p as nasty as they got to be sometimes.

getting caught in the crossfire :p as nasty as they got to be sometimes.

Yes! Neil was the most formidable opponent of all.....miss that guy...miss the entertainment......TTK was RWGs Benjamin Jonson (A man of vast reading and a seemingly insatiable appetite for controversy)

Happy Timewatching

Gunnar (beleive me I was sometimes right there in the crossfire....):drinks:

Just found this post from TTK to me regarding my too violently use of the Wiking Axe on the old RWG....ahhhhhhhhhh those were the days :drinks:

"For YOU to put up with........every time you open your mouth....you reveal how much more of an idiot you're becoming....!

I suppose I was banned for the same reasons.....maybe you'd care to tell us which particular dealers do it for the love of watches.....Paul maybe....how about Joshua......or Andrew.....Natalie....of course ALL of those guys have no desire to make money....they are all amateur horologists who can tell a calibre from perlage or a chablon from etablissage ......whilst of course Narikaa...( who's been involved almost as long as I have )...and myself....have no idea whatsoever......and make no significant contributions to ANY of the fora......!

RWG moderators....living (?) ..proof that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing....especially in the minds of little people..... laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Timetokill: Dec 16 2005, 04:44 PM"

RWG moderators....living (?) ..proof that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing....especially in the minds of little people.....[/quote)

@Gran

Priceless, can you find any more of those gems, most of the stuff I saw was over at TRC, his legendary battles for example with Cousteau (or as Neil christened him, Cow's Toe) :lol:

yeah lots of stuff out there :lol:

You're quite right, I never received a watch from Neil, but that was because I never did business with Neil, and I never wanted to. The utter disrespect and hostility he showed towards myself and others on many occasions was more than enough for me to know I would rather burn my money than spend a penny of it doing business with him. As someone else previosly said about Neil, he was, what is referred to in the UK, as a gobshite. For all I read about people saying that off-forum he was a decent and charming man, I could not care less. My (and others) only experiences with him on forum were thoroughly unpleasant, that was all we had to base our experiences of him on, and I am nothing but glad that he is no longer here, as there is simply no need to be abusive or hostile towards others online 'for shits and gigs'. In my book, threatening the Admin is not acceptable. In my book, threatening to label a package 'fake Rolex' out of spite, in the endeavor to get it confiscated at customs, is also not acceptable. He once tried to intimidate me by PM on RepGeek, and when my reply to him showed him otherwise, that was the last interaction I had with him, and I couldn't care less if he is dead or alive, it makes no difference to me. Sorry if that comes across as harsh, but those are my honest feelings on the subject.

First time I have ever heard you speak out of anger TeeJay, corect me If Im wrong. It sounds to me that this guy could really [censored] some people off big time,wow :shock:

First time I have ever heard you speak out of anger TeeJay, corect me If Im wrong. It sounds to me that this guy could really piss some people off big time,wow :shock:

Correction: I wasn't angry when I wrote that, just stating my feelings about Neil... :pardon:

{Edit to add}

As I said before, my level of 'sensitivity' directly equates to the level of courtesy which Neil showed towards others and myself... :pardon:

Correction: I wasn't angry when I wrote that, just stating my feelings about Neil... :pardon:

{Edit to add}

As I said before, my level of 'sensitivity' directly equates to the level of courtesy which Neil showed towards others and myself... :pardon:

live by the sword.. etc. etc. ..... those who know TJ .. know that he does not speak out to flame any thread.. but speaks his true feelings..

and that is to be respected in a day and age self gratification and keeping neutral to issues that some think but do not speak out on.

live by the sword.. etc. etc. ..... those who know TJ .. know that he does not speak out to flame any thread.. but speaks his true feelings..

and that is to be respected in a day and age self gratification and keeping neutral to issues that some think but do not speak out on.

Thanks, bro, always good to know you've got my back :)

{Edit to add}

Good to hear that TeeJay :)

Word is that he is alive and kicking and very much looking forward to returning here,which should guarantee some fun and fireworks. though I'm sure certain members won't want him back in their little kingdom. :lol:

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

am I very much looking forward to it as well

WOWZA!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Sounds like good news @baldrick!

Maybe i am just that positive because i have no "pending purchases"

from Neil lol

Anyway i would be glad to read him back again here...

and i promise i wont even think about getting "back in the ring"

with him ;)

Now this reunion would make me even feel better than

retrieving the gurl that stole my bike!! :(

nice_ass_on_a_nice_bike.jpg

George