When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Whatever happened to TTK?

gridlock1983

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rya....another great character. Between Klink, TTK, Rya and a few others, this was the most fun place on the internet.drinks.gif

what about... should I even say the name...

the elusive "Jetmid"?

I wasn't on these forums when jetmid was around unfortunately. come to think of it, jetmid probably was on these when the "old factory" was still pumping out seamaster professionals

Edited by amptor

I first met TTK in the UK over a fine dinner. We spent the evening laughing and having one of the most enjoyable conversations I have ever experienced. On a couple of other business trips, I spent several days with him in Thailand knocking around. I was privileged to meet his lady, be invited to his home, and in general, had a wonderful time. My wife found him to be "Delightful", and "Elegant".

The Neil/TTK that everyone knew on the boards bears no resemblance to the real man and it pains me that his illness has cost him a leg. I believe I know where to find him and the next time I am in the UK, I will again enjoy the company of an old friend.

If someone didn't get what they paid for, you may rest assured that it wasn't because he didn't ship it. Neil is an honest man. He played with watches for entertainment, he didn't need the money. I even met some of his suppliers in Thailand. By the way, he speaks pretty good Thai.

He could be caustic when seated at a keyboard. The vast majority of it was dry humor. It just took a bit of insight to realize it.

For those of you fortunate enough to have spoken to Neil (or will speak to Neil), you have met a true gentleman and a rare/outstanding character.

Bill.

I met him about one year ago, in Bangkok. We were talking for one hour in my hotel...it was nice to know him.

I agree that money was/is not his first interest. He described himself as a "collector".

BTW, he was wearing a Breitling ETA 7750.

I miss him in the forums.

Regards,

Francisco

Yup until the point of the failed group buy Neil did not have issues with his deliveries,, controversial yes,.. you didn't wanna cross swords with him..

Thats not exactly true Lan. When I first joined the boards many years ago, Neil already had a reputation as a guy you would be taking a risk with. He was my first dealer, and I made sure that I researched him thoroughly. There were plenty of complaints back then of long delivery times, but I never found a person that didn't get their watch. Over the years I've had several long phone chats with Neil and can attest to what others have said here, that he is a true gentleman, and a true friend. I can honestly say that of all the members that have come and gone over the years, his is the presence that I miss the most. Hopefully one day he'll be allowed to come back, but until then I can only wish him health and happiness.

Ah yes reminiscing...

I remember RYA and his encounter with DLG and Klink at the original So Cal GTG.

Those were the days.

I too have spent time talking with Neil on the phone back in the day, and yes, he was well spoken and much the gentleman. But there were issues, more than just one or two. Too bad those issues were ultimately unresolveable.

Thanks Offshore for the Keysersozes link. Actually quite a nice blog spot. Interesting...but after spending a bit of time there I cannot see it being Neil that is making the contributions.

But there is always hope.

Thanks Offshore for the Keysersozes link. Actually quite a nice blog spot. Interesting...but after spending a bit of time there I cannot see it being Neil that is making the contributions.

I...Agree...Not enough...Periods...Between words or sentences...!

I also miss reading his posts. It was always a treat to see him get into it with someone who thought they knew better than him...

:)

Baldrick...

Great post. I feel saddened to hear of your confirmation of his death.

In the end of my personal dealings with him (another story) he still treated me with civility and respect.

I am sorry to hear that he is gone.

As you have stated earlier in this thread, his photographic skills are legendary in the WIS world.

So as I have stated earlier here...May he rest in peace.

I believe dluddys answer to the rumour earlier is the correct one....

I hear on good authority that the rumor is unfounded Omni

Still fate has not been kind to Neil and we all wish him well and hope he pops in at some stage for a chat.

Ken

TTK has lost a lower leg and returned to UK. That is a fact.

As far as MBWs are concerned he, just like Maria, bought them directly from Nah-Piek and then directly sold them on. He made no improvements to these watches whatsoever other than took some pics, photoshopped the hell out of it and of course sold for double what he paid for.

L

The mystery of the MBW/MBK was quickly revealed after a quick little trip to Nahpiek's shop....

Rya....another great character. Between Klink, TTK, Rya and a few others, this was the most fun place on the internet.drinks.gif

Did someone mention Jetmid...lol...

I do miss Neil's wit and sarcastic humor...I was set to meet that bugger on one of my trips into the LOS but we just couldn't seem to make the hookup...I'm sure I'll see him one of these days in funtown

Get well soon Neil.

:D

Sheesh

Spoke to him last year after the leg went - he told me it wasnt in fact due to the diabetes but simple corrosion, due to all you guys pissing on it (sic)

But have been unable to contact him of late - Skype, landlines, mobiles all no go

Ive scoured Guangzhou too - and cant get sense out of any Thais, seems I just cant get my hands on a decent ouija board anywhere.