When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what was your favorite pam you have ever owned rep or gen?

tanya

Panerai was what brought me to this fantastic hobby but I've never had more than one in my collection at a time.

I can't really decide which of these two faves I like the best but the first now resides in a different part of the state.

watches063-2.jpg

The Darkened Zero remains.

watches050-2.jpg

Wow,this one is awesome! Is It a 111H? Can You tell more about it?

Thank you!

Thanks,

it's a gen 111J :wub:, my only PAM gen

My beloved PAM reps are 127, 203a .... and thinking about 24a and 210 (i don't know if this one is available in rep ?)

IMG_3573.jpg

IMG_3095.jpg

Edited by Golfman

Went through 111 and 196 reps before accidentally falling into possession of a gen. 104, now its the only PAM I have, so by default its a favorite, a classic one at that. Friend of mine liked a spare Glycine I had purchased for $1900 so he traded me his 104 for it, in essence, I wound up with a gen. 104 for that price. My good friend has recently passed on so I keep it for sentimental value as well. Not a great pic of the watch (a fashion shot) but the only one I have of it alone.

StingrayBBB.jpg

My beloved PAM reps are 127, 203a .... and thinking about 24a and 210 (i don't know if this one is available in rep ?)

210 is, but not that easily found. And the cartel/DSN Radiomir cases are very wrong, too rounded. But yes, the 210 is one of my favorite PAMs, was the watch that got me into Radiomirs when I tried on the gen. Went to a franken 232 instead so you might want to consider that if you can handle the 47mm (wears smaller than an equivalent 47mm Luminor).

Panerai was what brought me to this fantastic hobby but I've never had more than one in my collection at a time.

I can't really decide which of these two faves I like the best but the first now resides in a different part of the state.

watches063-2.jpg

The Darkened Zero remains.

watches050-2.jpg

WOW..!!! i need that darkened zero..!!...ive got a few reps but im hunting my first panerai....ive searched all thru this forum for this watch with no success...can anyone help me track this rep down?..and any ideas how much its gonna cost me?

thanks guys, i love this place.

I've only got one, so I guess that makes it easy :)

My modded PAM002 Pre-A;

-Jimmy case

-(proper fitting) Sapphire crystal

-FGD dial

-Swiss 6497

-Custom Tap10 UT stem

-Turkish (gen?) crown

-unknown CG

-DSN caseback

-Dirk Deluxe PAV style strap

IMG_6072.jpg

IMG_7356.jpg

Even if I had others, I think this one would still be my favorite; a good majority of the parts had come from a great friend of mine (who has also posted in this thread), and so it carries quite a lot of sentimental value. The only PAM that I think could come close is the old school EL 2893 PAM029 that I had a few years ago and foolishly sold.

:)

Once in a while I build a Panerai, first was a 111, then a 000, then a 005, then a 5218 201/A, then a 088, now a 002 pre A.

But actually the only one that I still love is the 005. On the other the love disappeared after wearing them twice. Actually the love for the 002 is disappearing even while building it, so most probably you'll see a DSN cased, FGD dialed, T crowned, gen crystalled 002 up for sale soon.

My 005:

2n1f953.jpg

• 1 year later...