When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Super Ultimate Fully Modded Franken Pam 089

kbiz

As I'd posted before, I'd been trying to source a Gen 089 Dial for about a year and a half... Finally the dial came in and the project could begin.

Equipment List:

Old School Cartel Case re-milled for perfect fitment with CG

Case fully reshaped and brushed to match Gen

Ultimate Crystal

Gen Dial

Gen Hands

Leo date wheel modded for sunken date wheel fix

Gen Ti CG

Gen Ti spring loaded crown

Custom Ti crown tube

Low Profile Ti Bezel

On to the pics:

Case was hand filed and reshaped before being brushed... a gen Ti case was used as a reference and matched.

DSC00535.jpg

DSC00536.jpg

Measuring and calculating before machining is a must!!

DSC00541.jpg

Machining the case to ensure exact fitment with Gen Ti CG

DSC00543.jpg

DSC00547.jpg

Sunken date wheel fix

DSC00557.jpg

Comparison between rep and Gen dial... there is no comparison

DSC00559.jpg

Hands mounted after DW alignment is perfected

DSC00569.jpg

Finished product

DSC00578.jpg

DSC00579.jpg

DSC00580.jpg

DSC00581.jpg

DSC00582.jpg

DSC00589.jpg

DSC00592.jpg

DSC00593.jpg

DSC00595.jpg

DSC00584.jpg

A matching pair... my Super Ultimate Fully Modded Franken Pam 088 and his evil cousin the 089

DSC00598.jpg

DSC00599.jpg

Two of my all time favorite GMTs...

only a projectologist would truly place the process over the end result ;)

absolutely!! I regard super frankens far higher than Gens... they're far more rare and require a Zen level of patience when collecting parts and building...

Unbelievable. I'm going to have to say that this is easily my favorite Panerai rep of all time. And by rep... I mean veritable gen. ;) (1) Because I want a gen 89 - it's one of the few limited/rare PAMs that are actually highly attractive too (IMO of course), and (2) because of the work that went in to it. Is that an end mill you used on the case? Very, very nicely done. I really can't say how impressive this is. Not to mention that sourcing an 89 -- let alone just the dial -- is no easy task. And the whole thing fit like a glove. Zen-like patience... now THERE is an understatement.

Again, wow. Congrats on an incredible accomplishment. And obviously you know who to contact once you get sick of this watch. But if not, can I just be your friend?? ;)

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Fantastic work mate.

Its great to see the process of the watch and its parts. Sometimes the parts are greater than the sum of those parts in terms of the time and work done on those non gen parts.

Well I know what I mean!!

Thanks for sharing :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Unbelievable. I'm going to have to say that this is easily my favorite Panerai rep of all time. And by rep... I mean veritable gen. ;) (1) Because I want a gen 89 - it's one of the few limited/rare PAMs that are actually highly attractive too (IMO of course), and (2) because of the work that went in to it. Is that an end mill you used on the case? Very, very nicely done. I really can't say how impressive this is. Not to mention that sourcing an 89 -- let alone just the dial -- is no easy task. And the whole thing fit like a glove. Zen-like patience... now THERE is an understatement.

Again, wow. Congrats on an incredible accomplishment. And obviously you know who to contact once you get sick of this watch. But if not, can I just be your friend?? ;)

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Yes that's an upright mill... the only way to make a perfect fit with a CG... ;)