When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

F#1@*$#G ISP's

offshore

So I am chatting with a mate a week ago, and he tells me of his latest "deal" for Internet supply.

"Hmmmm, thats a lot better than mine, I'd better see what is available!"

So I call my ISP, (Biggest in the country) and am told that prices were lowered and speeds increased in December,

(but I wasn't notified!)

So I am offered my same useage (12GB) an increase in speed (5X), and a reduction from $80/month, to $50/month.

Sounds good, and I sign up for a 2 year plan.

Cuppla days later I am notified my speed has been increased ("Really...I see no difference") and I 'm accepted into the 25GB plan at $70/month!

Hang on, thats not what I agreed to!

So off goes an email.

A flurry of emails follow telling me they are too busy to contact, however "soon".

Tonite, over 1 week later, I receive an "offer" to allow me to lower my plan to 12GB for only an extra $50 cost- as I am modifying from the "agreement".

I will leave it to your imagination as to the content of my next email to these bloody leeches.

Suffice to say, I have let them know that if it is not all resolved within 24 hours, I will not be paying ongoing bills, and will report them to our government Ombudsman, who tries to keep control of the telecom industry.

This organisation was previously owned by the government, but privatised....sad really, the eternal chase for corporate profits.

It will be most inconvenient, if I need to change 6 different email addys!

Rant ends.

Offshore

Blimey thats a lot per month?

I pay equivilent of $9 a month for unlimited usage and increased download speed!

They must be coining it in

OS I reckon the content of your EM will be the subject of training courses for years to come!!

Yup, that's Tel$tra for you.

What do you expect?

Speed won't change much as you rarely see anything aproching the max speed in anything but single file transfers. Their network is so overcrowded that chances are it couldn't manage much more than your old speed even on a good day.

BTW, TPG 25gig a month (+ 25 between 2am and 8am) for $49

As cornerstone said, go look at whirlpool.net

Col.

What a whiner. I live so far up in the mountains that I have to use a dish and RF to get an internet connection, and it's line of sight. So every time a Yeti steps in front of the signal, everything goes dark until I throw enough rocks at him to make him move. That's right, put down the nice satellite dish, nobody gets hurt... EEEEEEEEEEEK!!! (run away)

Pfffffffffft. I bet you even have a heater in your house. :bangin:

Double-T... you mean you have a keyboard?!! Sheer luxury! I have to tap rocks together to form Morse characters in binary, sitting just inside the satellite dish's cone of reception, hoping that it will pick up the sound and transmit it as keystrokes.

Don't even get me started on my attempts to login with encrypted characters. The camouflage face paint plays havoc with my complexion. :black_eye:

Sheeesh ,

An Aussie can't even have a rant in peace, without some "northern American" 'ole boy, and his John Holmes pet, thread crapping.rolleyes.gif

Next we'll hear is that his latest ipad, was carved from the mountain face, and operates via carrier pigeons (or eagles)!

O/S