When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

End of the Month W>C

vlydog

I'm liking the mid date-change shot :thumbs:

Thanks, it was purely coincidental, not planned :D

Sounds like a winner for a daily beater. Or a camping watch...??

Sadly, quite the reverse. Sure, the hands are incredibly easy to see, but the markers on the dial (not the cardinals, but all the others) just tend to blend into one, making the time an effort to read, so by comparison, the Sub is by far the better watch for daily wear or camping, simply due to better legibility. This watch is just such a mixed bag for me... I bought it as a birthday gift to myself, and performed a modification to it which, as an artist, I am extremely proud of, and boosted my confidence immeasurably, yet I just can't seem to 'get comfortable' with it... :black_eye: It's an iconic watch, for sure, and the dial layout is a true vintage testament to the era, with that 2001:Space Odyssey aesthetic, but, I can totally understand why Rolex started using Sub-style markers on the Explorer II (which should really be the Explorer III :bangin: ) I'll try and keep it on for the day, if for no other reason than to monitor the time keeping :D

Got hold of my panda-on-Panda earlier today, on nothings less than a Dirk's & beating very strongly on a beautifully finished & fully-overhauled Tudor 7753 engine... ;)

IMAG0005_Pandawristshot.jpg

IMAG0006_Pandawristshot.jpg

Special thanks go to SpinMaster, siesta181, The Zigmeister & kruzer (for the inspiration!)!

Beautiful! Just love that thing! Nice shots!

Image447.jpg