When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex watches on leather straps

ezyu2

Hi,

I am currently wearing and loving my Submariner replica, it really surprised me when I got it! I purchased it from Narikaa (Reg) and I have nothing but praise for him and his products and service! Anyway, I have never really liked metal straps. My wrists are quite small, and I usually have to take out "one too many" links! I have seen a few Submariners on brown leather straps, but I have always thought instantly - this is fake...

I have seen a Rolex replica strap which isn't too expensive, hopefully the quality will be good! But my question is, will this ruin the look and make it so obivious that it is a replica watch? I would rather keep it to look as genuine as possible, but the Rolex strap itself isn't very good... surprisingly a genuine Submariner has a extremely cheapy strap! Considering the price; I would expect the bracelet to be better!

If anyone has a Submariner on a different strap, I would be extremely grateful to see a picture of it!

Thank you.

Hi,

I am currently wearing and loving my Submariner replica, it really surprised me when I got it! I purchased it from Narikaa (Reg) and I have nothing but praise for him and his products and service! Anyway, I have never really liked metal straps. My wrists are quite small, and I usually have to take out "one too many" links! I have seen a few Submariners on brown leather straps, but I have always thought instantly - this is fake...

I have seen a Rolex replica strap which isn't too expensive, hopefully the quality will be good! But my question is, will this ruin the look and make it so obivious that it is a replica watch? I would rather keep it to look as genuine as possible, but the Rolex strap itself isn't very good... surprisingly a genuine Submariner has a extremely cheapy strap! Considering the price; I would expect the bracelet to be better!

If anyone has a Submariner on a different strap, I would be extremely grateful to see a picture of it!

Thank you.

The thing you have to remember when thinking about the Submariner bracelet, is that it was never originally built or intended to be a 'prestige watch', but a functional, rugged diver's tool, like a race car which has been stripped down for speed and only has a bucketseat and crash-frame inside: Such a car would not be good for taking the wife and kids shopping for groceries, but will smoke a soccer mom's SUV right off the line. It is the original function which must be considered :)

DSCN2478.jpg

DSCN2756.jpg

Of course, the one problem with leather straps, is they aren't waterproof... Sure, they look nice, but personally, I can't see the point in wearing a waterproof diver's watch on a strap which cannot get wet, meaning the watch would have to be removed before it can get wet. However, rubber is solves that problem...

DSCN2432.jpg

Something I've done in the past, was I had a NATO strap which came with a rep Submariner, and had a Rolex buckle. I just took the buckle off the NATO strap and fitted it to the 20mm rubber strap... Another option, is to buy a dirt cheap Rolex Daytona (available for about

The thing you have to remember when thinking about the Submariner bracelet, is that it was never originally built or intended to be a 'prestige watch', but a functional, rugged diver's tool, like a race car which has been stripped down for speed and only has a bucketseat and crash-frame inside: Such a car would not be good for taking the wife and kids shopping for groceries, but will smoke a soccer mom's SUV right off the line. It is the original function which must be considered :)

Of course, the one problem with leather straps, is they aren't waterproof... Sure, they look nice, but personally, I can't see the point in wearing a waterproof diver's watch on a strap which cannot get wet, meaning the watch would have to be removed before it can get wet. However, rubber is solves that problem..

There are some leather straps iv seen forgot the site, loisianna aligator strap that are water proof! but very expensive not everyone can wear stainless steel straps i like both myself leather straps were used in the 1950s replaced by there owners because the old style straps riveted with springs in the links were not very comfortable specialy if you have a hairy wrist like sean connery in DR No and i think from russia with love he wore his rolex on a crocodile or aligator strap its upto you anyway if you are like me you change your straps often! and i dont think a leather strap will make a watch look fake at all in fact it will, if anything make the watch look classy sort of dressy and sporty combined!specialy with a rolex buckle. wear your watch for yourself and not for others!

Something I've done in the past, was I had a NATO strap which came with a rep Submariner, and had a Rolex buckle. I just took the buckle off the NATO strap and fitted it to the 20mm rubber strap... Another option, is to buy a dirt cheap Rolex Daytona (available for about £30 shipped) and use that strap, which then has a Rolex deployant rather than a buckle :) For that cost, the watch itself could go straight in the trash...

yes teejay i agree about the £30 datonas iv seen them they look well made and the buckles are good too! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by aeromatic

Do you mean makes it look more fake like this one.

wow what a great watch and photo i think i should get you to take my photos from now on, you get 20 out of ten for that photo!!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim: aeromatic!!!

Edited by aeromatic

Next choice is do I go for a fitted Hirsch strap the Leonardo, or stick with a standard strap as the Noob YM has ok engraving(for me anyway)

Heres a pic of a Leonardo I poached off photobucket (great pic if its yours)

principeh2a.jpg

Really on the fence, so input is welcome.

Sorry to hijack the thread

There are some leather straps iv seen forgot the site, loisianna aligator strap that are water proof! but very expensive not everyone can wear stainless steel straps i like both myself leather straps were used in the 1950s replaced by there owners because the old style straps riveted with springs in the links were not very comfortable specialy if you have a hairy wrist like sean connery in DR No and i think from russia with love he wore his rolex on a crocodile or aligator strap its upto you anyway if you are like me you change your straps often! and i dont think a leather strap will make a watch look fake at all in fact it will, if anything make the watch look classy sort of dressy and sporty combined!specialy with a rolex buckle. wear your watch for yourself and not for others!

My only concern with straps, is that it means not getting the watch wet, and that is something I like to do with my watches :D I think I read somewhere that the Dr. No Sub was on a sharkskin strap, but I'm not 100% sure of that... All I do know for certain, was it was Brocolli's own watch, as Rolex would not provide one for filming :lol:

yes teejay i agree about the

Thank you all for you're replies, I will take a look into getting a cheap Daytona just for the strap! Will the strap fit my Submariner? And WOW! That Explorer on that strap looks amazing. I can get the explorer replica, but where could I get that strap? I really love the combination!!!

I kinda like a Rolex on a strap- in fact, I love this 6542 GMT

imgCAIZFXR9.jpg

Here's a 5508 franken, not a great pic, but I like the watch on a dark brown croc strap w/ the Rolex buckle.

P1000253-1.jpg

This MKII mini-Explorer is also nice on a strap

MKIIexplorer.jpg

Even though my straps say waterproof, I'd go to a tropic or a bracelet for water use.

Thank you all for you're replies, I will take a look into getting a cheap Daytona just for the strap! Will the strap fit my Submariner? And WOW! That Explorer on that strap looks amazing. I can get the explorer replica, but where could I get that strap? I really love the combination!!!

Here's a link to a Daytona for you :) The strap will fit fine :) Just use a pocket knife to spring the springbars on the Daytona, and a small screwdriver to flick the springbars in the Submariner :)

Hi,

Thank you.

post-27094-126489447508_thumb.jpgpost-27094-126489464485_thumb.jpgpost-27094-126489479198_thumb.jpgpost-27094-126489510274_thumb.jpg more none metal straps!

Damn, another fake watch and a bad pic to boot!

P1000254-1.jpg

This is my first rep- c. 2006, CN sub w/ shallow rehaut, beat up insert w/ a half decent pearl, trimmed cg's, LV maxi-dial and an old 2836-1 movement. It's a dependable beater, but I just can't figure out what to do with it. Date mag is probably 3.0 or so!