When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking for the perfect Yacht Master rep.

Craig S

Hi all,

I'm currently looking for the perfect Yacht Master rep. I hear BKs WM9 version is up there amongst the best?

It's not "among the best". It's the best.

It's expensive though... in the $500+ range. If you have tighter budget there is an alternative... the YM from Noob factory. BK can source that as well.

Review.

Happy hunting!

It is a lovely watch i must say. I like the submariner too, but I remember seeing the Yacht master some 10 years ago and loved the look of it. Only recently found that it was called the Yacht master and that there was a good rep. :) Look like I'm gonna put up my BK modded Noobmariner to help fund the purchase. :)

Watch this space.... :)

My opinion- If price is a concern, I would advise that you just save your cash until you're ready to pay the price for a WM9. Don't waste your money on cheaper alternatives; you'll only be disappointed and you'll be putting off the inevitable.

If anything, just wait for a pre-owned example to pop up on the trading forum. They do turn up every now and then.

It's not "among the best". It's the best.

It's expensive though... in the $500+ range. If you have tighter budget there is an alternative... the YM from Noob factory. BK can source that as well.

Review.

Happy hunting!

Not only is it the best rep of the YM, but the best rep of replicas (in my opinion). And sorry By-Tor, they go for about $725 now.

My opinion- If price is a concern, I would advise that you just save your cash until you're ready to pay the price for a WM9. Don't waste your money on cheaper alternatives; you'll only be disappointed and you'll be putting off the inevitable.

+1 on that sentiment.

"You buy cheap, you buy twice."

Save harder - it will be worth the wait!!

Very true, you get what you pay for. The watch is obviously great, but I do have a limit to what I will pay for any rep, so in this instance it looks out of my reach unfortunately. Maybe one day, I will win the lottery and buy a real one. :)

get the noob. i got one for me and it looked grate and fooled just about everyone. never the less, after that i bought a wm9 version and it's light years better then the noob... so, the noob is quite ok but the wm9 is the real thing ( almost...)

• 2 weeks later...

This is my BK modified Noob. He replaced both hands and dial with WM9's I also had the original movt replaced with a gen Rado 2836 movt. I know there are quite few things wrong, but it's certainly a good looking watch!

Image019-YM2.jpg

I'm new to the forum--How do I contact BK? And does he have anything from Panerai that's as good quality as the Yachtmaster?

wm9 told me the YM bezel assembly-smith (is there such a word?) retired. He's old school. For fear the new way how they make the bezel assembly would be inferior, I grabbed all 90 sets of wm9 YM components on wm9's hand. I just love the fact that the insert truly snaps in the bezel without any glue, absolutely no glue needed. wm9 won't be making YM bezel assemblies for 4 months or longer while they look for someone or some machine to make the bezel assemblies. I'd go in debt to grab these components. Similar thing for the TT components. I said before wm9 may not make the TT anymore. Even if they would, they wouldn't make it in wrapped gold. It'd be plated gold only. I reserved 200 sets and I got 90 sets (also 90) so far, still waiting for the dw overlays to start assembly. Also missing in the parts received are inserts. Notice TT isn't listed even on wm9's website. I just hope I will get the rest of the 200 I reserved. Not trying promote sales here. I just want to share useful info so you guys get good stuff, much like I told you guys to jump in the LV, TT, SD preorders.

-bk

Edited by bklm1234