When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 253 Sapphire Crystal

plaifender

Plaifender...I checked out your moded 253 and it is gorgeous! where do you get the blue-stitched strap? Is there a place where I can get gen straps too? Im pretty sure I can find this info somewhere here, but since we're talking about this, I figured I ask you. I was also looking at my CG, your review mentioned that it hinders the chrono function. My top chrono pusher is hard to push when initiating the chrono function, however, to stop the chrono function, it works smoothly!! so Im leaning towards a movement issue rather than a CG involvement. It seems to me that it is hard to push the start cam for the A7750, but to stop it the button pushes in smoothly...cheers.

Also, does anyone knows where does The Zigmeister resides in Canada, it would be crazy if hes actually near my house!!

Plaifender...I checked out your moded 253 and it is gorgeous! where do you get the blue-stitched strap? Is there a place where I can get gen straps too? Im pretty sure I can find this info somewhere here, but since we're talking about this, I figured I ask you. I was also looking at my CG, your review mentioned that it hinders the chrono function. My top chrono pusher is hard to push when initiating the chrono function, however, to stop the chrono function, it works smoothly!! so Im leaning towards a movement issue rather than a CG involvement. It seems to me that it is hard to push the start cam for the A7750, but to stop it the button pushes in smoothly...cheers.

Also, does anyone knows where does The Zigmeister resides in Canada, it would be crazy if hes actually near my house!!

Thanks yousif. The strap can be bought from toscana straps (look on google). It's about 100usd if i remember. Gen straps can be bought on the bay usually..but they run about 250usd.. i got my gen strap for a 100usd from a member here on the forum.

The pusher is hard to push in general.. but it's not an "issue" it just requires a firm press. When i mentioned that the cg hindered the pusher.. i was referring to my old V2.. The cg looked better than my current watch but completely hindered the chrono function. I haven't seen this as being an issue on the V3s that most people have. No one with the new "V4" has mentioned the cg hindering the chrono function either. I might have just had a bad watch. I know Lani has a V2(my blue stitched strrap was inspired by his 253) and he has never mentioned cg chrono problems with his 253.

Anyways.. Not sur where The Zigmeister resides.. maybe someone else can help you out with that one. anymore questions don't hesitate to give me a shout or send me a PM! Good luck in your quest! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks yousif. The strap can be bought from toscana straps (look on google). It's about 100usd if i remember. Gen straps can be bought on the bay usually..but they run about 250usd.. i got my gen strap for a 100usd from a member here on the forum.

The pusher is hard to push in general.. but it's not an "issue" it just requires a firm press. When i mentioned that the cg hindered the pusher.. i was referring to my old V2.. The cg looked better than my current watch but completely hindered the chrono function. I haven't seen this as being an issue on the V3s that most people have. No one with the new "V4" has mentioned the cg hindering the chrono function either. I might have just had a bad watch. I know Lani has a V2(my blue stitched strrap was inspired by his 253) and he has never mentioned cg chrono problems with his 253.

Anyways.. Not sur where The Zigmeister resides.. maybe someone else can help you out with that one. anymore questions don't hesitate to give me a shout or send me a PM! Good luck in your quest! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks Plaifender! One more question...Who's selling a V4 out there? I tried PureTime but I dont think that site is functional, the forum room for it is rather outdated and the latest threads on point to bad customer experiences!

Thanks Plaifender! One more question...Who's selling a V4 out there? I tried PureTime but I dont think that site is functional, the forum room for it is rather outdated and the latest threads on point to bad customer experiences!

Hey.. I personally call it the "V4".. but that's my own term that i gave it. The dealers are still calling it "V3 hseries" or something stupid like that. It should be called the V4 since it's a completely new watch from a completely different factory than the last version (which of course was the "V3"). Another instance of dealers putting out bad information.

anyways... You can get the watch from Angus at Puretime the site does seem to be down now.. but it was up yesterday. The watch is also available from Josh at Perfectclones and Andrew at Trustytime. It can also be obtained from Kingwatch and i think Mary (a newer dealer here) also has it available. Most places are selling it for about $230usd. which is cheaper than the previous V3!

Good move Maars.. which pam did you decide on?? The new "V4" is lookin like a good option.. especially since it seems to be cheaper than the previous V3 :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Looking to get the new 253 with the correctly shaped CG, but not having any luck with PureTime. I can't see the same spec watch on the likes of Perfect Clones (http://www.1-pc8838.com/panerai-luminor-flyback-chrono-44mm-c-35_54.html) or TrustyTime (http://www.trustywatchguy.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=109&products_id=890). Any ideas?

Any update on the status? I think i may have to pull out of the group buy.

no status update since i spoke with offshore... still waiting on his people on the ground in china to give us news of any other factories that might be able to carry out the project for us... (we've already got one possible maker.. but wanna check all our possibilities before ordering through him..)

If you'd like to take your name off the list.. there's no problem.. Just copy and paste the current list and adjust it accordingly without your name. The list is ever-changing :)

Thanks. I've recently fallen in love with an Hublot and can't justify the money on a second Panerai when I already have a 44mm homage I've building up. The 253 is very special, but its still roughly the same shape as a lumi and I feel that slot in my watchbox is already well filled

1. Valerian

2. petem (2 crystals)

3. BigE

4. Chudd

5. Paulw

6. Repwatch

7. Bosk

8. Nakortheblue

9. Rickhic

10. Z3k0 (2 crystals)

11. panerisiti(2)

12. jcrry (2 or 3 crystals)

13. Pabler

14. Lanikai (2 or more crystals)

15. Sidedish

16. cbd21(2)

17. Slan93

18. Cchrono

19. Deniz21

20. Bynico92

21. Ewing

22. Kioske

23. Jimmynugent

24. Fishgodeep(2 crystals)

25. Suzuki

26. Cdigi

27. Mann

28. Colorao

29. Fitipaldi

30. opcrown

31. btocamelo

32. PrDubis

33. Yousif1980

34. Psycho

35. Rytox

36. Hooky

37. Maars

38. burrppp

Count me in.

1. Valerian

2. petem (2 crystals)

3. BigE

4. Chudd

5. Paulw

6. Repwatch

7. Bosk

8. Nakortheblue

9. Rickhic

10. Z3k0 (2 crystals)

11. panerisiti(2)

12. jcrry (2 or 3 crystals)

13. Pabler

14. Lanikai (2 or more crystals)

15. Sidedish

16. cbd21(2)

17. Slan93

18. Cchrono

19. Deniz21

20. Bynico92

21. Ewing

22. Kioske

23. Jimmynugent

24. Fishgodeep(2 crystals)

25. Suzuki

26. Cdigi

27. Mann

28. Colorao

29. Fitipaldi

30. opcrown

31. btocamelo

32. PrDubis

33. Yousif1980

34. Psycho

35. Rytox

36. Hooky

37. Maars

38. burrppp

39. 4fun

Hey guys, I was looking around eBay for a PO bezel and came across this store!! It says they sell Panarai sapphire crystals but I am not sure which one would fit a PAM 253! Its worth checking out, the prices are not so bad. Some actually come AR coated already!

http://stores.shop.ebay.ca/WHOLESALEOUTLET990_SAPPHIRE-CYRSTAL-FOR-PANERAI_W0QQ_fsubZ782841010QQ_sidZ268970040QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322

Cheers

Hey guys, I was looking around eBay for a PO bezel and came across this store!! It says they sell Panarai sapphire crystals but I am not sure which one would fit a PAM 253! Its worth checking out, the prices are not so bad. Some actually come AR coated already!

http://stores.shop.e...634Q2ec0Q2em322

Cheers

They dont do the 253/212 etc dome xtal and to be honest I have found them hit and miss on their parts and service.

http://stores.shop.ebay.ca/WHOLESALEOUTLET990_SAPPHIRE-CYRSTAL-FOR-PANERAI_W0QQ_fsubZ782841010QQ_sidZ268970040QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322

Cheers

Thanks for the link yousif.. email sent to them

They dont do the 253/212 etc dome xtal and to be honest I have found them hit and miss on their parts and service.

What experience do you have with them Pete? Contacted them and they said they can fabricate a sapphire crystal if we give them exact dimensions and/or a sample crystal to copy. I'll probably give them some dimensions just to see what kind of price they quote for an order of crystals. :) If you say they've given bad service.. then i won't give them a second thought, but for now, i'll see what they come back at me with.

What experience do you have with them Pete? Contacted them and they said they can fabricate a sapphire crystal if we give them exact dimensions and/or a sample crystal to copy. I'll probably give them some dimensions just to see what kind of price they quote for an order of crystals. :) If you say they've given bad service.. then i won't give them a second thought, but for now, i'll see what they come back at me with.

Hello, I would buy the glass for my pam 111H and everything went very well. A bit expensive to be a crystal but .... It is a very good glass.

I bought a few bits sometime ago, hands, CG etc. Found them uncommunucative after they got my money slow to deliver and quality wasnt great for the money.

I have heard good and bad about their 44mm crystals but I go by the poster rather than the comments themselves as you really need to have had a gen unmounted Xtal in your hand before you can really appreciate the differences to the available rep xtals

Funnily enough I asked them a while back if they could produce a 217 Crystal they replied they could but after a few exchanges they then said it could only be done in mineral given its shape. I think they use an outside maker who they contacted after saying they could to me and he must of told them he couldnt also the dims werent enough they wanted a sample which was pointless as I didnt want a copy of a rep Xtal given the shape is different including thickness and internal angle of slopes, I guess the 253/212 Xtal will be the same.

I bought a few bits sometime ago, hands, CG etc. Found them uncommunucative after they got my money slow to deliver and quality wasnt great for the money.

I have heard good and bad about their 44mm crystals but I go by the poster rather than the comments themselves as you really need to have had a gen unmounted Xtal in your hand before you can really appreciate the differences to the available rep xtals

Funnily enough I asked them a while back if they could produce a 217 Crystal they replied they could but after a few exchanges they then said it could only be done in mineral given its shape. I think they use an outside maker who they contacted after saying they could to me and he must of told them he couldnt also the dims werent enough they wanted a sample which was pointless as I didnt want a copy of a rep Xtal given the shape is different including thickness and internal angle of slopes, I guess the 253/212 Xtal will be the same.

Good insight. Thanks for the comment :) I'll see what they say. In any case.. the crystals in this group-buy will be copies of the rep crystal. Since we haven't found anyone with a gen crystal willing to loan it to us for the project.. it seems that's the only option we have. :)

• 2 months later...

OK~~ I'm in , maybe want two !

1. Valerian

2. petem (2 crystals)

3. BigE

4. Chudd

5. Paulw

6. Repwatch

7. Bosk

8. Nakortheblue

9. Rickhic

10. Z3k0 (2 crystals)