When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Joshua's Watches

fachy81

Welcome to the "absence of QC" rep world. :black_eye:

You will soon find out, that generally speaking (there are though some exceptions) , doesn't worth buying any reps if you don't have a watchsmith that can service them and repair them. :bangin:

Talk to Joshua though.

He might do something for you.

If you are going to continue in this replica hobby, you need to realize two key things: 1) Quality Control is minimal; 2) Drop Shipping is the most common method of shipping used. Both reasons go back to profit making. However, I'll add that you must first pick your "dealer" and then your "rep" (this is something I've learned from experience and from reading on this forum).

Joshua is very good at making things right within reason. I purchased a watches from him - on and off - since late 2005. I think two of something like 20 watches came to me in a terrible state. The rest have been awesome. Ocassionally, I brag about the Yachtmaster and the DSSD (most current purchase) that I got from him that keep time to a COSC standard. Not bad for two watches that, had I purchased gens of, I would have spent about $16,000 USD combined. Instead, they cost me about $650, combined. So, that's not bad at all.

Stick around, and read a lot. You'll learn what movements are most reliable and what reps are more accurate. Along the way, you'll teach us a few things about something you might be good at (your job, other hobbies, etc.).

One last piece of advice: Never purchase something on impulse especially if it just came out and it's brand new in concept. Wait and read. Look for trends and patterns. There are a lot of experts on this site. I have part of other forums and, honestly, the knowledge I find in here is far more in depth than most (not all) of your "gen" forums. I am constantly learning here. Good luck in your rep hobby. Be well. :)

Hi I bought a sub from Joshua and after 3 months, the watch winder to adjust the date and time came out. The samething happened with the day-date. His watches are not reliable anymore.

Welcome aboard! I just read this same exact thread in the "General Discussions" sub-forum. Unless it was posted there by a moderator - and he forgot to delete this one - there is no need to double post to make a point around here. Post it once ... we'll get to read it; don't worry about that. Double posting is generally not well received around these parts. Take care, bro.

You have the same post in the Rolex section fachy, and as an fyi, we all are aware of the issues with "all" reps.. unfortunately with the reps it is a numbers game at times.

But I have been buying from Joshua for some years now and don't ever expect the reps to be perfect, although the replications have made huge gains in the last few years.,. they will always have issues.. but as a dealer Joshua has always supplied either parts, or repair to the defects..

Do you mean the movement stopped ?? what movement do you have ??

Try working with your dealer.. I have had some that just have said .. "tuff".. so I stick with Josh..

AC/lani

fachy.. I read the same post also in the GD section and posted there also,..

You are no doubt frustrated with the outcome of your reps.. but as far as "issues" you are not alone..

we all have issues, no matter the dealer.. these are reps.. and they may or may not cost extra after purchase..

Joshua services after purchase is known as some of the best.

with that said.. don't be too discouraged.. after many reps, this for me comes with the turf of rep collecting..

without this understanding it's best to go genuine.. imo

AC/Lani

Not sure if it's a symptom of a business growing too quickly where the QC goes out the window. Perhaps try one of the other dealers e.g the apprentices. I tend to shy away from certain watch movementstoo (read The Zigmeister's section about the various movements), go for the more reliable movements.

the one good thing that others have mentioned abt josh is his post-sales service. having said that i had good experience with others too in this area. one of my watch's deployant clasp broke and the dealer (polo) sent me a brand new clasp though i asked only for the spring bar :clapping:

Sorry, but I don't see this as either a QC issue or Joshua's fault. You've got two watches that the stems have come out of the movements after working proerly for several months. A stem coming out after several months is not normal but it has nothing to do with Josh or even the person who assembled your rep. You don't mention what movements you have but probably they're the A21j movements that sell for around $5 or less wholesale.

It sounds to me like "operator error". You better either go easier on the setting of your watches or buy better quality movements. You could probably save yourself a lot of grief if you'd buy a watch winder.

Yeah contact Joshua, hopefully the situation can be worked out. Like kbh, I haven't heard of a stem coming out of a watch twice either. It could be qc.. but exactly how are you setting your watch?? If this has happened twice in two different watch models.. you might need to look closely at how you treat your crown and movement when pulling them out and setting the time. I hope it gets rersolved!

Sorry but Joshua is among the best we have here. If his watches aren't good enough for you...then i suggest getting a gen. Josh will help on broken items. Contact him and give him a chance to make it right before posting negative things about him here...

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

+1 100% Josh is one of the best dealers around. This could have happened to anyone at anytime. We have to make concessions In this hobby.If you are not willing to do that than this hobby may not be for you, maybe. These are reps that we buy for pennies on the dollar In comparisson to there Swiss counterparts. There will be issues from time to time.Also the crown Is the weakest link In are reps.You cant be to gentle while setting the watch. Give Josh a chance and change the title of your thread, It's the right thing to do. good luck :) Mike

Sorry, but I don't see this as either a QC issue or Joshua's fault. You've got two watches that the stems have come out of the movements after working proerly for several months. A stem coming out after several months is not normal but it has nothing to do with Josh or even the person who assembled your rep. You don't mention what movements you have but probably they're the A21j movements that sell for around $5 or less wholesale.

It sounds to me like "operator error". You better either go easier on the setting of your watches or buy better quality movements. You could probably save yourself a lot of grief if you'd buy a watch winder.

Hi I have Swiss ETA movement.

Hi I have Swiss ETA movement.

but not swiss quality it seems....reps tend to have issues but that is why they are cheap...still it is really sad for you right now

Welcome to the wierd and wonderful community. This is the place to be when you'r into watches.

You should follow Lani ('s advice) - Josh would never accept selling you a faulty watch, that way he won't get any more business from you. He is one of the best dealers we have but he haven't got the staff or time to check every single watch he (drop)ships out.

TT/Andrew can be compared to him and I have bought 20+ reps from those guys. 4 of those had to go back but issues solved every time mate.

It can be demn annoying getting a rep that obviously haven't been QC before shipping. A lot of issues could be avoided just by simply looking at the watch before packing. - At least all of the faults on my reps would have been reveiled in a simple visual QC.

Baddies:

AP ROO rubberclad - movement error - second hand jutter

AP ROO SS - bracelet BROKEN in clasp when arrived and bezel screw missing

Breitling blacksteel Skyland - Jerky stop watch function - bezel rattly

Rolex DSSD - Wrong version sent. Got a V3 instead of new model

Rolex DSSD new Asian - bridge and rotor had came off and was rattling inside case upon arrival

Rolex Vintage Sub - Bezel insert was missing

Vintage GMT - Stem and crown fell off

IWC big pilot - Rotor sounds like a freight train braking

Breitling Avenger Seawolf - Movement screws missing

And counting

Good thing: EVERY single fault have been dealt with and sorted in some way.

The result is that I'm a happy rep enthusiast and customer with Josh and Andrew. IMO you would have to pay a lot more money to have them do QC on every single piece they send out.

But it IS frustrating to get a $600 rep like an AP and not being able to put it on your wrist for two months because some jerk simply broke the bracelet when packing the watch.

Still you get watches that might peform somewhat similar to the gens at 1/10 or 1/20 of the price. Happy rep'in

Thogaa

In the last 7 months I've purchased 12 watches and one bag (LV speedy) from Jos. I've only had to make one return due to faulty product.

I'd call that recent. I call that pretty damn reliable.

Another dealer I've used (but never again) has sent me nothing but hundreds of dollars worth of faulty product.

He even fixed My Sinn U1 FOC when I buggered it up being a n00b.

Jos is the best.

If you are going to continue in this replica hobby, you need to realize two key things: 1) Quality Control is minimal; 2) Drop Shipping is the most common method of shipping used. Both reasons go back to profit making. However, I'll add that you must first pick your "dealer" and then your "rep" (this is something I've learned from experience and from reading on this forum).

Joshua is very good at making things right within reason. I purchased a watches from him - on and off - since late 2005. I think two of something like 20 watches came to me in a terrible state. The rest have been awesome. Ocassionally, I brag about the Yachtmaster and the DSSD (most current purchase) that I got from him that keep time to a COSC standard. Not bad for two watches that, had I purchased gens of, I would have spent about $16,000 USD combined. Instead, they cost me about $650, combined. So, that's not bad at all.

Stick around, and read a lot. You'll learn what movements are most reliable and what reps are more accurate. Along the way, you'll teach us a few things about something you might be good at (your job, other hobbies, etc.).

One last piece of advice: Never purchase something on impulse especially if it just came out and it's brand new in concept. Wait and read. Look for trends and patterns. There are a lot of experts on this site. I have part of other forums and, honestly, the knowledge I find in here is far more in depth than most (not all) of your "gen" forums. I am constantly learning here. Good luck in your rep hobby. Be well. :)

Hi I never bought something new. The Rolex Sub that I bought from him was in the best seller column. The watch was around for a long time.

The quick and simple answer to your problem is to take the two watches to a watch repair man and have the stems put back in.

Unless you've buggered up the keyless works trying to stuff it back in, it's only a 2 minute job. If you have, it's a 30 minute job. Still easier than sending them back to China.

Hi I never bought something new. The Rolex Sub that I bought from him was in the best seller column. The watch was around for a long time.

His point is merely that you should do your hw. This place is the best source of information. Bad experiences from josh are few and far between. One thing is to have a problem with him. Another thing is to have a problem with a watch. Often, dealers are very open about their shipping policies. If a watch has a problem or develops a problem the best ones on the forum will try to fix it. And it appears as if josh is doing just that for you. I also find it a bit disconcerting that the same problem happened to two of your watches. In my 3 years time here on the forum, I don't recall reading about anyone's crown stem coming out, but that's not to say it's never happened. Just be careful and mindful of all things when buying a rep and especially in how you treat it. We're all pretty forgiving in this hobby and have all shared similar bad experiences. We live and we learn, sometimes it's easy to blame a dealer for the problems of a watch, but enterign this game has it's risks. Just take it all in stride and pic a dealer that will take care of you when things DO go wrong.

Hope to see pics of the watches in question sometime! we love that kind of stuff here! :thumbsupsmileyanim: