When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen Fish has arrived!

By-Tor

Thanks Gentlemen. Appreciated... I'm really happy to finally have it.

Added another wristie which shows the dial even better.

I try to make some decent studio shots for the review. But the problem is, we have the table where I keep my lightbox full of baby eqipment. :D

Congrats, BT! I know you've been chasing this one for a while now. And you've finally got it! Looking sharp!

:wub:

So, having had the rep and now the gen, what are your overall impressions of the rep?

Thanks my friend.

I will try to address all the details in my review. The rep is amazing. The black one, that is.

Blue version isn't even close. It's like completely different watch... the dial is SO different.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the blue rep. But it's totally different kind of "violet" blue. Gen is greyish, turquoise. First wrist shot shows it perfectly.

I know exactly what you mean, it was the same for me with the white dial rep/gen. The rep dial was a sterile white, the gen was a lovely cream colour, a major difference, hence I sold the rep :p

Yes I know. Major, major difference which the pictures can't even capture.

But the black rep is SO amazing. At least mine, which has perfectly applied lume dots. The lume dots are too protruded on the rep, however, and a tiny bit too green. Gen lume dots are flat and almost recessed. You'll see when I make dial comparison shots (well you already know since you own the gen of course). Almost everything else is spot on.

@Dluddy & FXR: Thanks guys.

@Bike Mike: Feel free to post some shots of your bluesy on a strap.

Sweet one, mate! Really happy for you! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks my friend.

@Ubi: This rep would make a great superfranken (wink wink)... with only a dial & dw swap. The rep is THAT good. I knew it of course but when I put them side-by-side it's scary. :shock:

Thanks my friend.

@Ubi: This rep would make a great superfranken (wink wink)... with only a dial & dw swap. The rep is THAT good. I knew it of course but when I put them side-by-side it's scary. :shock:

You inspired me to get its rep cousin... So I think I know how much this beauty means to you... :victory:

Hmmm... you may have also just inspired me (again) in doing a franken, mate!

Wear this in great health, nevertheless!

Hey By-Tor, thought something smelt fishy around here......haha sorry just had to ;) Big congrats on one of your favourite watches.....Look forward to your pics / comparison / review. Enjoy it thoroughly