When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

3717 V3 modded

watcher

Today I received my 3717 V3 brand new watch from DVN! Exceptional service I must add and thankyou to him!! I hav e my super rep being built by Vac so this hasd satisfied my hunger for now!

First thing I did was strip it down and fit ETA wheels inside and also fit a Taka crystal I bought a little while ago.

THe rep AR is quite good these days but not as good as Taka's and certainly not as good as Cheif which I will compare whenever my watch returns from Vac.

I think it looks pretty damn sweet now! I will do some daylight pics tomorrow but here are a couple of bathroom shots where I take all my watches at some point to photo!!

002ihn.jpg

001bt.jpg

004igx.jpg

Is there a best quality of 3717 out there. Quality liked what wm9 or noob rolex version. I'm interested in getting a 3717 but want the best quality. Please advice and ta.

Which quality are you looking for? There is a huge difference between a WM9 Sub and the Noob Sub.

The v3 the OP bought (before the ETA DW's and Taka crystal swaps) would be the rough equivalent of the Noob ... well, slightly better IMO actually, but it's the best base model of the watch.

The two mods that have been done (ETA DW's and aftermarket AR) move it up in quality, and IMO are the first logical upgrades one should do to the 3717. Chief's AR is a little better than Taka's from the pics I have seen, but both are better than the standard AR that comes on the v3. The datewheels are a must-do upgrade even if you don't want to go the franken route.

The Vaccum (Vac) 'franken' would be the next best version ... or the rough equivalent of the WM9. You get a Swiss engine, Chief's AR and Vac's lume on the dial and hands.

The Concepta 'franken' has a lot of gen parts (movement, dial and hands), so it would be the absolute best version you could buy, but also the most expensive.

Edited by tomhorn

Very well explained!

The watch I'm receiving from Vac will have the 'concepta' 79320 gen movement plus Vac's lume on a V1 dial(still the best rep dial) and gen IWC DW's which are different on some digits to the ETA(I will show comparison when it arrives) and Cheif's double AR. It will have rep dial and hands until such time as they come available to me.

if you want the best 3717, i think you have to ask concepta

Thanks. I'm new with rep forum and don't understand much about all the terms you guys are using. Maybe can someone tell me who is "concepta"? Does he sells or made to order a 3717 high quality stuff. How can I contact him? Thanks guys for your great help.

Today I received my 3717 V3 brand new watch from DVN! Exceptional service I must add and thankyou to him!! I hav e my super rep being built by Vac so this hasd satisfied my hunger for now!

First thing I did was strip it down and fit ETA wheels inside and also fit a Taka crystal I bought a little while ago.

THe rep AR is quite good these days but not as good as Taka's and certainly not as good as Cheif which I will compare whenever my watch returns from Vac.

I think it looks pretty damn sweet now! I will do some daylight pics tomorrow but here are a couple of bathroom shots where I take all my watches at some point to photo!!

002ihn.jpg

001bt.jpg

004igx.jpg

Cool pics, i really liked the last one with the flash reflecting deadcenter in the crystal.

Is it hard to do the DW mod yourself? I

Removing the hands is the easy part as long as you do not pull too hard and remove the hand from it's tube! Getting the chrono hands back on is always the tense moment for me. I have a set of hand setters which is pretty much essential. There is a very good post in the modifications section which shows exactly what to do with many, many pictures. One thing with these hands is the fact they are black and not polished like Rollies etc and you do not need to be quite so pristine with the rodico.

You do have to remomve a plate to get the date wheel off but the post as mentioned above shows this very well.

Removing the hands is the easy part as long as you do not pull too hard and remove the hand from it's tube! Getting the chrono hands back on is always the tense moment for me. I have a set of hand setters which is pretty much essential. There is a very good post in the modifications section which shows exactly what to do with many, many pictures. One thing with these hands is the fact they are black and not polished like Rollies etc and you do not need to be quite so pristine with the rodico.

You do have to remomve a plate to get the date wheel off but the post as mentioned above shows this very well.

Thanks for the info, i

• 3 weeks later...