When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen crown and tube prices

FxrAndy

Two years ago i bought a NOS tube and crown for 150 euro's.

Now a days the prices keep going up.

Of course via an autorised dealer you can get them for much less but that source is limited to the happy few.

Carpe Diem

Cats

one question: i have an AD that might be able to sell me some parts. I am about to ask for a 16610 insert which i know i will agree upon. But what kind of lie should i say if i wanted to buy him, say a bezel assembly or a crown + tube ?????

I am only concerned on what they base their judgement when they don't actually see the watch. The AD is a friend of a friend and i'll show up with a gen rolex (not submariner) on the wrist.

Any tips would be much appreciated!

I'm kinda like Shawn, I buy the aftermarket tubes from wholesaleoutlet990 since I'm here in the US (around $18-20 each) and I get the used crowns on ebay for around $25

http://cgi.ebay.com/ROLEX-SUBMARINER-ST-STEEL-WATCH-CROWN-7MM-COMPLETE_W0QQitemZ330409280544QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4ceded8420

@ rolexmaniac88, sounds like you have a situation you're just going to have to play be ear. What you need is a gen that you take parts off of and then go in and see if he'll sell you something like a bezel assembly. You were climbing out of the boat, hit the dock w/ your watch and the whole frickin assembly popped off. It fell in the water, but what are you going to do- go diving for it? I actually hit my gen 16800 on the desk one day and the bezel popped off. Of course, the only thing I lost was the click spring ($8.00), but I looked for it for 30 minutes! The rest of the parts snapped right back on. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't happen all the time. Come to think of it, I might try this ploy myself- I could use the gen bezel assembly on my Euromariner! I just don't know if I can afford it!

I don't mean to steal the thread but I also prefer the tube from WSO990 but the one I got only came with 3 gaskets. It does not have the gasket between the tube and case. Do you use anther kind of gasket? The tube from Clarks has all four but the threads are very short. I ended up using the WSO990 tube with the Clarks case gasket. Probably a waste of money, but I felt better about it. Thanks!!!!