When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

BaselWorld 2010

pilot

Not sure about anyone else but with Baselworld starting tomorrow morning I'm starting to get a touch excitable about whats coming next from our favourite gen manufacturer!

I'd have to take a punt on the black ss sub going ceramic (its available from our dealers already but at last it might not be a fantasy watch!) A jubilee bracelet on the DJ II would be a good move and I'd personally be crying with excitement if they Coke/Pepsi the GMT IIc!!! :clapping:

Apologies if this lacks relevance at present but it all filters down to us eventually!

Anyone else got any thoughts or wishes??

Regards

P

Guest wesley

Does anyone dare? beyond what many expect the SS Submariner Date in ceramics.

They think

A crown largest in the Explorer II, maxi dial and a better seal.

A 40 mm Eplore

The return of (((16600))) with maxi dial.

Edited by TwoTone
Spam

I found this info about Rolex at Basel:

Datejust II

DATEJUST_II_ROLESOR_61.jpg

We can expect to see more dial options and a dome or smooth bezel option down the road.

Submariner Part III

Basel 2010 is a year when Rolex will complete its upgrade of its popular Submariner. The new stainless steel Rolex Submariner will be out this year, completing the upgrading of the entire line-up of Submariner which started in 2008 with the all gold versions, and ithe two-tone versions receiving an upgrade in 2009. The new Submariner won't be a surprise to many, as it will simply be a stainless steel version of the gold and bi-metal ceramic bezeled Submariner's available at your local Rolex Authorized Distributor today.

Rolex Explorer I and II

Some say that the 36mm Explorer one will be upgraded to 40mm, because alot of dress watches are 36-38mm today.

The Explorer II is to be uppgraded to 43mm for the same reason... bigger is better these days?? Or is it?

Daytona

There was also a rumor of a new 42mm Daytone.

But as 2012 is the 50th years of the Cosmograph Daytona, they will probably wait with that.

And I "highjack" this post for some other news... :D

Here´s some more news that will be showing on Basel:

BlancSpain

prebale_reference.jpg

For the first model of the new Villeret Collection, Blancpain has opted for a 40 mm red gold half-hunter case and a decorated opaline dial.

BALL

RTEmagicC_10_0316_Engineer-Master-II-_01.jpg.jpg

Engineer Master II Diver World Time; First World Time Movement with Day/Date Function.

ZENITH

10_0314_Zenith_El-Primero2.jpg

RTEmagicC_10_0314_Zenith_El-Primero1_01.jpg.jpg

El Primero Foudroyante 1/10th of a second Chronograph

PERRELET

10_0310_Perrelet_Flower.jpg

Diamond Flower Ceramic - “Diamond Flower” collection decks itself out in black and white ceramic

Romain Jerome

actu_2714.jpg

Titanic-DNA T-Oxy IV Ultimate Rust

TAG Heuer

4316102836_35cd338fa2_o.jpg

Silverstone Re-edition - The Silverstone has already been announced and will be available in two colours- blue and brown, each limited to 1500 watches.

Zeitwinkel

2829_Uhren-Liebe-auf-den-ersten-Blick-Zeitwinkel-Premiere-auf-der-Basel-World-2010.jpg

Zeitwinkel, a new brand of highest quality, Swiss manufactured time pieces, independently designed and with manufacture-movements, will present itself to the world for the first time at BaselWorld 2010.

Keep´em comming.

Not sure about anyone else but with Baselworld starting tomorrow morning I'm starting to get a touch excitable about whats coming next from our favourite gen manufacturer!

I'd have to take a punt on the black ss sub going ceramic (its available from our dealers already but at last it might not be a fantasy watch!) A jubilee bracelet on the DJ II would be a good move and I'd personally be crying with excitement if they Coke/Pepsi the GMT IIc!!! :clapping:

Apologies if this lacks relevance at present but it all filters down to us eventually!

Anyone else got any thoughts or wishes??

Regards

P

They should make a smaller version of the deepsea seadweller say upto 41mm max or re-introduce an updated seadweller some thing that fits our wrist sizes better!

Zeitwinkel

2829_Uhren-Liebe-auf-den-ersten-Blick-Zeitwinkel-Premiere-auf-der-Basel-World-2010.jpg

Zeitwinkel, a new brand of highest quality, Swiss manufactured time pieces, independently designed and with manufacture-movements, will present itself to the world for the first time at BaselWorld 2010.

Keep

Here is James Dowling's photos on TZ;

hxxp://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=4993593&rid=15

(replace "xx" with "tt" to use link).

Unless they are holding back something, this is apparently it, at least for sport models. A new all stainless update of the Sub (same idea available in rep form for a while as a fantasy piece), including an all green model as well as an updated Explorer (which to me looks like much the same as before), all real original ideas huh :bangin: .

As said in another thread here, the Tudor Monte Carlo like tribute is fantastic and should be a sell out for them. Apparently, 2012 will be the 50th anniversary for the Daytona, and we may see an updated model there, I just hope they don't screw it up :wounded1: .

Cheers B)

:g: Not impressed. I think the new subs are too blocky. Personally, I don't care for the lugs or crown guards. Add the maxi dial to the mix, the protruding pearl-- the proportions just don't look right to me.

:good: on the new DJs. Especially for the ladies.

At first glance, I was super excited about the Tudor's, but the the "hour indicator" 1, 2, 3, bezel? :yuk: Put a Tachy bezel on there, or even a usable diver/timer bezel.

The new Submariner is logical as they made these exact same changes to GMT Master II before. Same case design, same changes.

I always said that GMTIIc was a serious downgrade. Exactly the same with this new Sub. Not as horrible as SD -> SSD transformation but still... they simply screwed up another classic.

The new Submariner is logical as they made these exact same changes to GMT Master II before. Same case design, same changes.

I always said that GMTIIc was a serious downgrade. Exactly the same with this new Sub. Not as horrible as SD -> SSD transformation but still... they simply screwed up another classic.

Completely agree. Hopefully, these classics are still out there!

@panerai153 (i apparently don't master the multiquote thingy so much): overall, the tudor looks superb. But when i pay closer attention to it, yeah they probably could have done something the the crown, even the crownguards. But it still is so PRETTY !

I know. And it breaks my heart. Let's hope that they realize somewhere down the road that they're in a horribly bad design nightmare and return to something less bulky and ...ugly.

I agree a hundred percent. I liked the GMTIIc but it grew stale on me pretty quickly. Now it just sits inside the watch box. ...I don't want to speak about the SDDS, don't want to make myself too unpopular here. It's simply nothing to do with the classic watch they made for so many years.

Val.

Here is my take on the latest and greatest (just for fun)

37850174.jpg

Blocky looking case works for the DeepSea, but not here. Do a whole new sport model and leave the classic Sub alone.

a379d655.jpg

The fine adjustment clasp is a welcome addition to all of their oyster style bands.

f6ada7d0.jpg

Reminds me of the "Frogmariner", someone on TZ referred to it as a "snot" :bicycle:

57959827.jpg

Nothing new here, maybe its a different size case? Big deal.. :yawn:

6eb1f40c.jpg

You're kidding right. :blink:

955afc62.jpg

Nice elegant look, classic Rolex :good:

68e69ad8.jpg

:doh::o Nuff said!!

34cc115e.jpg

Does not get any better the closer you get :huh:

But that is just my feelings. So let's have a show of hands, how many want some of these DJ models repped? How many are willing to save up for the Tudor retro chrono? How many are still waiting for the rep industry to do a reliable Daytona seconds at 6? Hmmm, I thought so. This annual bashing of Rolex latest is getting fun.

Cheers to all B)

I wonder if GMTIIc and Sub use the exact same case and crown? If so, the old characteristic differences between models (shorter rehaut, slimmer case, different cgs, twinlock/triplock) are gone as well.