When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can't Decide on 6263 Dial Color

omgiv

Hi Guys,

I just got my V72 movement and DW case kit in the mail the other day. The dial was missing one of the dial markers and David very quickly shipped me a new dial. I hope this one will be good. I have the movement apart and cleaned and am waiting for some parts to come before I start the assembly process. The problem now is that I have really started to like the black dial Paul Newman as well (originally ordered the white with red track). I don't really see myself building more than one and don't want to redo it later, so I was hoping that someone could persuade me to one side or the other. Right now, most of my watches are sports models and have black dials. I initially thought a contrast would be nice, but I am always drawn to black dials. Any recommendations? Thanks!!!

2 weeks ago I had every intention to order a white PN dial from DW and after a few emails to and from, the images of the Black PN from DW grew on me and I decided to press the button for a black PN dial. When comparing between the both, I felt that I would get more use out of the black. I initially thought I should go for something different as all of my sport models have black dials but then i realised that there was a reason for having black dials only and the reason was that I only like black dials. So why go changing something that isnt broken. I am now waiting for my black PN from DW. I will let you know what it looks like when it gets here.

I'm going with a silver dial on my pre-Daytona project for two reasons: Mainly because that is the dial which came with the case and was a gift, but also because the majority of my watches are black dialled (wouldn't mind another Y-M in the future) so I figured it would be nice to have a light dial as an alternative color-scheme, rather than simply swapping between watches with black dials :)

That's the one I have. The only complaint I have is knowing how rare that dial is in the gen makes me feel a little pretentious wearing it. Here's a couple pix with the two different bezels which really ads some versatility to the look.

DSCN3157.jpg

DSCN3159.jpg

I went through a similar dilemma a couple of years ago (which dial color). In the end, the consensus was to pair the black dial with the black bezel (6241) & the white dial with the steel bezel (6239). Due to the PN's fame/rarity/value, neither sees alot of wrist time (before anyone PMs me, I am not selling them), but, between the 2, I probably wear the 6241 more than the 6239 only because it is a bit less eye-catching. :whistling:

I seem to have gone for the same combo as nearly everyone else, plastic bezel with white on black dial. I wish Mr Watchmaker guy would get a move on. It's been 14 months now. I think I quite fancy getting it for my 40th birthday now, which is next month, but it seems unlikely.