When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Grey Theme 2009

Dani

A beauty thats for sure....but why the heck are they doing it in stainless steel? The factories did several models in Titanium now, they only need o add a titanium bezel, is that so hard to realise?

Anyway, I think I am going with the strap version.

Theo

Mmmh, I looked on the this watch and the dial several times now and still I am not sure if I shot pull the trigger for this one.

Unless Angus is not posting some better pics of the dial (he needs to list this watch anyway, not yet there)....than I need to decide.

I would love to buy it....

Theo

• 2 weeks later...

So, is the Grey Themes supposed to be titan?

It looks super nice :)

I look at it this way- to me, it's a nice looking what, and I would absolutely wear it. The problem I have with this version is the poor tolerance of between the hexagon screws to the bezel. I've seen much better. That makes it a fail for me, no matter what the dial looks like.

• 4 months later...

This is also gray, but a much darker color than the dial itself.

The silver Themes has got the correct number color....anthrazit.

Anyway, I got the message from my dealer that the factory will never adjust this flaw!

Theo

Whilst browsing perfect-clones I came across what looks like a new version of the Grey Themes.

It's a damn sight better than the 2009, but I'm not sure if it's just the picture but for me the rehaut should be black and not grey...

14862b501faa4a28133fa47096dfb4ed4g.jpg

e6761c2e9d88bd3e9b923a13a65d3cdf4g.jpg

Gen:

97526b6ce2b908d5b2f8dcb47385f7164g.jpg

The rehaut id grey, same color as the dial!

And this is true to gen.

From the pictures it looks like an updated dial, cool!

But anyway, the factories still refuse to do the watch in titanium, what a shame, they only need a bezel and a bracelet....although the strap-version would be fine first.

Theo

The Hour & Minute hand does look quite off....on the Gen, the SS surrounding the both hands is thinner.....whereas the Rep...it's far too thick..!!! Obvious give away at first glance..!! apart from that it doesn't look that bad !

Hence the word "Rep"...

Surely we can bemoan every minor detail of a rep, when are paying such a small fraction of the cost???

The Hour & Minute hand does look quite off....on the Gen, the SS surrounding the both hands is thinner.....whereas the Rep...it's far too thick..!!! Obvious give away at first glance..!! apart from that it doesn't look that bad !

eeehh... then I think you will never can buy an AP ROO (all of them uses the same hour and minute hand). The difference is so miminal, that only an expert with a magnifier would be able to see it. Are you asking a 1 to 1 rep (I never saw one) for only 3% of gen value? ...mmmmh...

Edited by fitipaldi

eeehh... then I think you will never can buy an AP ROO (all of them uses the same hour and minute hand). The difference is so miminal, that only an expert with a magnifier would be able to see it. Are you asking a 1 to 1 rep (I never saw one) for only 3% of gen value? ...mmmmh...

Sorry my friend...but you are wrong...!!! I own 4 AP ROO (All ultimate versions) - Montoya RG / AP ROO RG / Survivor / AP ROO on SS (Black dial) - Their hands are just perfect compared with the Gen. If you actually own anyone of them, I'm sure you'd know right away they don't use the same hour & minute hand.