When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1680 dial graphic. Nearly ready?

Slartibartfast

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great Slarti ,

i was just about to mail you if you had the time to update your design.

Again i'm not an expert but this one looks great to me.

I think i will change my 1680 back to a RED one sometime.

Just a little remark the yellow colour is a bit the yellow if you ask my opinion.

Great work .

Carpe Diem

Cats

• 2 weeks later...

Third draft, now with metres first, as many have requested.

All previous suggestions now incorporated (I think).

Any other comments, or are we ready to print??? :victory:

SRS-05-Model.jpg

Comparing that to this:

Red0.jpg

I would say that the tip of the triangle needs to be extended a little further towards the coronet, and the top widened very slightly, so the tips of the triangle are slightly passed the 59 and 1 second markers (take the distance currently between the tip of the triangle and the coronet, divide it by 3, and use that '3rd' as what needs adding onto each side of the triangle :) )

Other than that, spot on :):victory:

PS If you wanted to get really precise, move the 'Swiss' to the left so that the 'i' is in line with right hand side of the 31 second marker, and the back of the last 'S' is in line with the left edge of the 6 rectangle. The <T25 are perfectly aligned :good:

• 2 weeks later...

The SWISS - <25 needs to be wider, but other than that, I'd say you're there :) The triangle looks spot on :good:

I saw your comment about color printers, is this going to be printed so that the red text is actually printed red on the decal?

I saw your comment about color printers, is this going to be printed so that the red text is actually printed red on the decal?

I am thinking that is the way to go with this dial, as the red background for the SUBMARINER 'clear' text in the transfer would have to be so close to the SUPERLATIVE (etc. etc.) text that it would be a bugger to align.

Problem is, I don't have (or have access to) a colour laser printer with a minimum 1200dpi resolution.

I am thinking that is the way to go with this dial, as the red background for the SUBMARINER 'clear' text in the transfer would have to be so close to the SUPERLATIVE (etc. etc.) text that it would be a bugger to align.

Problem is, I don't have (or have access to) a colour laser printer with a minimum 1200dpi resolution.

I see what you mean there, it would certainly require some precision work if it was going to be painted beneath the decal, but I'm sure it'll look great as you've planned :)