When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

EXP II 1655 case

stilty

I've assemble all the parts I need to build a super franken 1655 EXP II. I do need some help/suggestions for a case.

I was thinking Phong, but received a very high quote, (in my opinion), for a case only. mid case, caseback, and bezel, no crystal, no tube, no crown.

Now I'm thinking NDT, but an not so sure on the engravings they offer.

Yuki is not an option as he told me that a gen crystal will not fit.

Anyone have thoughts or experience.... or even have a case they want to sell?

Thanks!

T, PM me regarding NDT's case engravings. I recently had one from them.

My recommendation would be to go with Phong. Don't be shy about offering 20 to 25% less than his asking price. He's wheeling and dealing right now. His markup is high enough that he can. And he certainly accepted my offer recently, albeit on a different case, without any hesitation..

• 2 weeks later...

I've assemble all the parts I need to build a super franken 1655 EXP II. I do need some help/suggestions for a case.

I was thinking Phong, but received a very high quote, (in my opinion), for a case only. mid case, caseback, and bezel, no crystal, no tube, no crown.

Now I'm thinking NDT, but an not so sure on the engravings they offer.

Yuki is not an option as he told me that a gen crystal will not fit.

Anyone have thoughts or experience.... or even have a case they want to sell?

Thanks!

I don't think NDT still in business, their web site doesn't updated for a long while...

That's why I just order with Phong last week, and he gave me a pretty good discount.

• 3 months later...

Well, I have the case now. Had it for a while now. Just haven't had the time to do much with it. I did fit a gen crystal, tube and crown, and test fit the movement with dial attached. All fit nicely.

I have yet to drop off the movement to have the GMT conversion done. I hope to try and fit that in my schedule today! I have all the GMT parts for the 1570, but just need the movement built.

I did pick up a display back. Here is a teaser pic. I just hope it is waterproof. I should have wiped it clean before the taking the pic... the movement looks all scratched, but it is just the crystal back.

dsc0027bv.jpg

Where did you source the open caseback for it?

found it on ebay. I'm sure they have more. They have them for 1680 as well. $105 shipped from Hong Kong. They weren't too clear on it being waterproof though.

looks cool, just hope the crystal doesn't pop out!