When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

First round of mods completed on my 7031

ubiquitous

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh... Yes... The 9411 was parted out. The snowflake parts live on in ChiMan's new 9411 (dial, hands and 25-125); the old case was reassembled into a new watch that was sent off to a friend of justasgood's...

Very nice!!! So no more Ubi Snowflake huh?

What an amazing project Ubi!

What a difference an SS bezel and Cyclopic Tropic does to the overall watch :)

Stay with that Oyster I would, if going for gen Oyster - go for a 7836 folded with 280 endlinks! (although quite rare birds these days)...a set of 380s will work too.

Now, this is one 7032 that I really, rea-lee, realily want! more than the new Heritagiago MC.

Lovin' it!!

Ahhh... Yes... The 9411 was parted out. The snowflake parts live on in ChiMan's new 9411 (dial, hands and 25-125); the old case was reassembled into a new watch that was sent off to a friend of justasgood's...

IMG_2325.jpg

:)

Ooooh Ubi...She's beautiful...I absolutely adore it...need to get me one :thumbsupsmileyanim:

ryaku,

Thanks for the kind words, sir ^_^

The vintage Tudor Chronographs have always been an object of interest to me since first seeing discussion on them a few years back. My intrigue was especially piqued as there's not much written about them; a model somewhat shrouded in mystery :) There are a very limited number of gens out there due to not being strong sellers in their time and they tend to command high prices as a result of their rare nature. I felt that getting the watch you see here would be the next best choice for a vintage style, plexi crystal piece and since I was at a point of waiting with another project, I figured it would be a good opportunity to start another :)

This particular watch was delivered by NDT. I've since been in the process of procuring some genuine parts and am having a custom dial painted, so I'm now at a point where I'm at a wait period with this project as well. Funny how that works...

:lol:

BTW, there are a couple of other sources for picking up a vintage MC; Phong has one for sale (currently offered at $1950) and I believe DW will be releasing one shortly as well...

Hope this helps ^_^

//ubi