When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

First round of mods completed on my 7031

ubiquitous

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Red.

I am contemplating whether or not I want to tweak the crown guards a slight bit. I am leaning towards not, as I really like the squared, boxed in look that they give the crown. Not 100% correct with regards to aesthetics compared to gen, but I'm finding this as one of those situations where personal preference may trump accuracy of detail...

Ubi

That is a beautiful watch and with the correct hands, it will be a knockout!!

I too vote for the Oyster bracelet. I never was a big fan of NATO's. Down here in the South, they get pretty nasty, pretty quickly with all the sweat,I had one on a MKII Stingray and I had to wash it almost every day.I don't enjoy wearing a watch that smells like a 14 year old's tennis shoe!

Oyster seems to be rather unanimous!

Not too monochromatic?

no, it just looks perfect! Where did you source the oyster, and which reference# does it have? Currently having a riveted one on mine, but would like to swap it with the same as yours. Costs?

Best, J

PS: i want your dial :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks, gents! I'm probably going to wait for some other bits to arrive before fitting the hands; I just tracked down a nice set of pushers, and so those are en route now...

OSRep- Thanks sir, and you are absolutely correct- This one is nearing completion, and as it's got some momentum going, it's kinda hard to slow it down now :) Plus, it just seems a bit serendipitous as the parts I'm after for this one are turning up fairly easily. Right time, right place? Perhaps yes :lol:

Joerg- The watch currently has a rep bracelet and rep endlinks fitted; the bracelet is a hollow link 93150 copy, and the ends are labeled as 503B (which are completely incorrect, both for this watch and the wrong ref for these endlinks as true 503Bs are polished center ends without the stabilizer tabs specifically for ref 16520):

Incorrect 503B ends as fitted to my 7032...

IMG_3731.jpg

And these are on my 16520...

IMG_3729.jpg

This 78360 will likely be finding it's way onto the Tudor before long, however...

IMG_3736.jpg

LHOOQ- I actually picked up this Tudor as a way to more or less pass the time while coordinating the details on my primary project... I'm kinda fiddly when it comes to down time... Too much of it, and I start getting restless!

:)

Cheers!

//ubi