When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Don't put parts trays on high shelves...

TeeJay

I cringed as soon as I read the thread title... While organizing some of my parts yesterday, I noticed a nice clear space on a top shelf. Even put the container on it- with no top of course... but I've "been there done that" before, and decided to put it in a nice safe drawer instead. Sometimes we have to learn the hard way. :black_eye:

I didn't lose too much on the floor, much of it was lost in an adjacent drawer, waste paper bin and pile of clothes :bangin: I found everything though, and nothing was any the worse for wear, but I figured this might make a good warning to others to keep the trays in a very safe place :thumbsupsmileyanim:

My daughter has a tray full of little beads that she decided to leave on top of the fridge.

Only it was overhanging the freezer door.

You can guess the rest, we are still finding beads in our freezer and main fridge area months later. <_<

Ken

My daughter has a tray full of little beads that she decided to leave on top of the fridge.

Only it was overhanging the freezer door.

You can guess the rest, we are still finding beads in our freezer and main fridge area months later. <_<

Ken

Doh :thumbsupsmileyanim:

We bought a chocolate fountain once, but there was an accident when the chocolate hadn't fully melted, the cover for the archimedes screw jumped off the supporting pegs, and the screw sprayed chocolate all up the walls/door/curtains/DVD stand before we thought to yank the power... We cleaned up as best we could, but even a few years later, we'll occasionally discover a chocotate stain on a fold of the curtains or DVD cover :whistling:

Doh :thumbsupsmileyanim:

We bought a chocolate fountain once, but there was an accident when the chocolate hadn't fully melted, the cover for the archimedes screw jumped off the supporting pegs, and the screw sprayed chocolate all up the walls/door/curtains/DVD stand before we thought to yank the power... We cleaned up as best we could, but even a few years later, we'll occasionally discover a chocotate stain on a fold of the curtains or DVD cover :whistling:

Funny how these things from days past keep coming back. Several years ago I bought a bean bag chair for my brother for Christmas. I thought I would "work it in" for him a little bit (pretty stiff naugahyde) by performing some trademark wrestling moves from back in the day. Needless to say the chair did not survive my 240lb pile driver and burst. Spreading little styrofoam bits everywhere...including into our "replica" ;) xmas tree. To this day, every year we take it out another little chunk of styrafoam falls out. :blush:

Funny how these things from days past keep coming back. Several years ago I bought a bean bag chair for my brother for Christmas. I thought I would "work it in" for him a little bit (pretty stiff naugahyde) by performing some trademark wrestling moves from back in the day. Needless to say the chair did not survive my 240lb pile driver and burst. Spreading little styrofoam bits everywhere...including into our "replica" ;) xmas tree. To this day, every year we take it out another little chunk of styrafoam falls out. :blush:

:tu: :tu: