When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DW Rolex 6265: Photos!

dylan

I went into my straps box and found a random GEN IWC pilot leather strap.

The only strap in my box that can fit this watch so it'll have to do.

I have to admit the strap makes the watch 'bigger' on the wrist. The watch is small to begin with and

the strap beefs it up a bit. Much better look in terms of size than the rep bracelet it came with.

100_0485.jpg

100_0486.jpg

100_0487.jpg

100_0488.jpg

100_0489.jpg

100_0490.jpg

100_0491.jpg

• 11 months later...

Hi dave nyc

Where did you get the 6263 from?

The watch is from DW. Its from a year back. I hope some experts can chime in on this.

Its been a while and so some of my knowledge is forgotten. Essentially my intention was to do

a Valjoux swap at some point. So I needed one that would house the movement, ie subdial spacing...

This one is a manual wound, from an unknown swiss company from the 1970s. This is what was

told to me. I believe it can house a Valjoux 23 or 72? The caseback is correctly engraved as well

as the inner caseback is engraved. I didn't want to go the modified A7750 route --> manual wind, since

experts told me that it caused a lot of wear/tear when you wind it.

I do have to admit that whatever NOS movement this is it feels great. It feels robust when I'm winding it...if that makes sense...

Any experts have some insight on my watch? Is anything I'm saying make sense... LOL ..

The watch is from DW. Its from a year back. I hope some experts can chime in on this.

Its been a while and so some of my knowledge is forgotten. Essentially my intention was to do

a Valjoux swap at some point. So I needed one that would house the movement, ie subdial spacing...

This one is a manual wound, from an unknown swiss company from the 1970s. This is what was

told to me. I believe it can house a Valjoux 23 or 72? The caseback is correctly engraved as well

as the inner caseback is engraved. I didn't want to go the modified A7750 route --> manual wind, since

experts told me that it caused a lot of wear/tear when you wind it.

I do have to admit that whatever NOS movement this is it feels great. It feels robust when I'm winding it...if that makes sense...

Any experts have some insight on my watch? Is anything I'm saying make sense... LOL ..

Some of it makes sense, you are obviously much more gemmed up on this stuff than me. I bought a complete one very similar about five years ago and also put it on a leather strap. About a month ago I droppped it downstairs and it stopped working . I bought another one online that I thought was the same but is of completely out of proportion compared to mine and the real one.

I can't find DW do you have URL? I think this is probably the best looking watch ever made, when I used to wear it I would notice peoples eyes following it!

Some of it makes sense, you are obviously much more gemmed up on this stuff than me. I bought a complete one very similar about five years ago and also put it on a leather strap. About a month ago I droppped it downstairs and it stopped working . I bought another one online that I thought was the same but is of completely out of proportion compared to mine and the real one.

I can't find DW do you have URL? I think this is probably the best looking watch ever made, when I used to wear it I would notice peoples eyes following it!

Sorry I've found DW, I'm new to this forum!