When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pp Nautilus... Lovley, Or Ugly?

ubiquitous

I would really like to see the new 44mm Nautis in person.

I also heard that Patek discontinued the Aquanaut Jumbo (the 40mm version). I wonder if there's going to be a 44m Aquanaut. I hope that Patek does not follow in the contemporary big watch trend; although, a 40mm Calatrava would be nice :)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If bigger is your thing... Maybe the new 44mm Nautis like the 5980 chronograph might be better suited to taste...

248533-8194.jpg

now that looks interresting. I hope its thicker too, but i guess it must be with that movement. To bad the chronopushers ruin the elegance of the watch.

A rare foray into the "other brands" area and what do I find???

A few likeminded souls who also suffer from this hard-to-explain penchant for the portholed Patek. Thank you! I thought I was alone in my secret shame but now feel boldened to come out of my Nautilus closet :unsure::wub:

Euno, Ubi I should have guessed - great minds LOL ;)

There's just something about this retro design that speaks to me, it's also one of the few watch ads I recall (father and son, father driving motor boat, Nauty on wrist, misty Venetian lagoon).

Can't wait to see pics although I'm not sure about those hands, dial and datefont. Would love to see a more contemporary variation though like that 5980 chrono Ubi posted :Jumpy:

You know Doc... I've always fancied Genta's Royal Oak... But it's taken me some time to warm up to the Nautilus. It has been a watch that I became intrigued with, though the styling has always been a little... Awkward.

After having mulled the idea around a bit, and with a generous gift from a fellow forum member, I have really come to appreciate the Nautilus as well; enough so that getting one of these exquisite MBK Jumbos has really rekindled my interest in watches in general (as well as another incoming Genta designed piece that I am eager to receive). As much as I love Rolex... I find myself looking to fill some other slots in my watch box of more obscure nature... A little balance to the collection, per se...

As much as I love Rolex... I find myself looking to fill some other slots in my watch box of more obscure nature... A little balance to the collection, per se...

Great point Ubi. This is something that you & I have talked about a few days ago. Diversification is indeed a good thing. I find it quite amusing yet logical that we share a penchant for some of Genta's designs. And this goes for Doc as well.

BTW, I am happy that you 'went for it'! I can't wait to get mine :Jumpy:

Cheers, gentlemen.

PS. It does not surprise me in the least that Doc would fancy the Nautilus B)

Great point Ubi. This is something that you & I have talked about a few days ago. Diversification is indeed a good thing. I find it quite amusing yet logical that we share a penchant for some of Genta's designs. And this goes for Doc as well.

BTW, I am happy that you 'went for it'! I can't wait to get mine :Jumpy:

Cheers, gentlemen.

PS. It does not surprise me in the least that Doc would fancy the Nautilus B)

Really Euno? Because it came as quite a surprise to me :lol:

Like you guys, I've just been (almost subconsciously) looking for that 'fix' elsewhere outside of my vintage Rolex/Heuer/Omega comfort zone. I've always been repelled by Pateks, far too "patrician" for my tastes. It was a friend of mine (head honcho at local AD) who planted the seed last year. He is a nut, I mean, we're talking total obssessive who spent a day of his spa honeymoon touring the PP museum in Geneva (risking this -> :black_eye:). Anyway he knows I have an aversion to PP, but pulled out a Nauty one day - the design just strobed in my brain like some past life memory and it's intrigued me ever since. Half of me wants to ask you for a link to your source, but the other half is quite happy not knowing - preferring the thrill of the chase to the kill ;)

By the way, this was the ad I recalled - cheesy with a heavy dose of saccharine perhaps, but the combination of the Riva and Nautilus just evokes classic style...

250122-7795.png