When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Closest Pam 249 dial See page 10 for the Final Piece

Rolexfinder

The vintage dial for the silix 3646 cases also needs to be smaller in diameter at 36.85mm to 37mm otherwise the dial you're making won't fit. The standard 249 cali dial is larger. Can you make this change as well in addition to removing the "L" from "L Swiss Made L" & leaving the indices unlumed (but in plain white for ease of reluming). On the indices, the unlumed areas needs to be slightly recessed like the gen vintage cali's I have seen.

+1 for everything.

Near as I can tell, the gen 3646 dial is either 37mm or 37.2mm in diameter (based on conflicting reports...can someone clarify?), and the readily-available Silix cases take a 37mm dial.

Perhaps a separate thread is in order?

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...did I miss a meeting...?

The post heading is..

"ULTIMATE PAM249 DIAL" :g:

As Charlie UK put it, " The whole point of this modern dial project is to capture the recessed numerals on the dial and color to the lume."

An exercise in capturing the 249, in-itself a homage to the 3646 with proto-CALI dial (if I'm not mistaken) & that gorgeous lume....

As for the vintage CALI...with talk of different dial diameters etc....?!

I guess if Paul is able to make the 3-4 versions members want then ,all power to the people, it'll just mean that the unit price per dial will be out of my reach. Considering , there's the case & movement to add into the mix...

post-24100-022591300 1278820824.jpg

...did I miss a meeting...?

The post heading is..

"ULTIMATE PAM249 DIAL" :g:

As Charlie UK put it, " The whole point of this modern dial project is to capture the recessed numerals on the dial and color to the lume."

An exercise in capturing the 249, in-itself a homage to the 3646 with proto-CALI dial (if I'm not mistaken) & that gorgeous lume....

As for the vintage CALI...with talk of different dial diameters etc....?!

I guess if Paul is able to make the 3-4 versions members want then ,all power to the people, it'll just mean that the unit price per dial will be out of my reach. Considering , there's the case & movement to add into the mix...

Its really not that difficult to do to make those small adjustments on the standard 249 dial to rework it into the vintage cali version. The basic dial design will remain the same as the modern 249 dial.

+1 for everything.

Near as I can tell, the gen 3646 dial is either 37mm or 37.2mm in diameter (based on conflicting reports...can someone clarify?), and the readily-available Silix cases take a 37mm dial.

Perhaps a separate thread is in order?

Now, lets carry on our conversation on reworking the 249 dial into the vintage cali dial, shall we? ;)

Edited by R_Squared

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gen contemporary close-up for ref. ...

Some gen Vintage for ref. ...

GREAT pics there, projectologist, this is exactly what I've been looking for to ascertain how the lume is in relation to the dial surface.

I really like the sandwich-but-not effect on the current one, but it seems like an impossible task to get that accurate on a rep :(

At least the vintage is raised off the dial - that does mean that a standard-issue re-lume will be accurate, as long as it's in the right colour! :)

• 4 weeks later...