When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ebay scammed

signumboy

I've been scammed on eaby with a tag carrera auto, box and card.

On receieving it I had my doubts so I took it to two main dealers both did'nt spot anything wrong.so I checked the serial number and it turns out fake. I also contacted another buyer and they have the same watch, same serial, same story.I returned to the main dealer and compared like with like ,and yep its a fake. (a very good one though).

So I raised a claim with ebay and have had no reponse from the seller. So I raised my claim may 11th and was told I would get a decision in 48 hours ... no reply. so on the 21st I phoned ebay . First they said they would award me the claim and confirm email , but to date Ive had nothing. So 2nd call today they said send it back. 3rd call I tell them I have no full forwarding address and is'nt it wrong to return a fake, so they said they would reply with a decision in 48 hours <_< .

so folks any help please.

post-22488-127481702047_thumb.jpg

post-22488-127481703866_thumb.jpg

Dam thats really F Up. Im really sorry that you are going through this and wish you the very best possable outcome. I have learned thru similar situations that It's best to purchase expensive or reasonably expensive Items In person, with the help of a certified AD or watchsmith. Again best wishes :drinks: Mike

Did you use a credit card in Paypal?

I am so sorry to hear that.

If you used your CC via Paypal, you can submit a disputed transaction form to your CC company and they will sort it out for you. And furthermore, you will receive a credit into you CC account before they fully resolve the issue. Whenever I buy anything online, I use my CC as they guarantee every online purchase.

I hope it gets sorted out.

Really sorry to hear, I hope everything gets resolved. I just looked at the listing, and saw this text as part of the sales blurb:

Fluted crown for easy winding. Identical to the original model.

I guess they copy/pasted that bit from a rep dealer's advert :whistling:

hey signumboy, sorry to hear this. but when you're buying on ebay, you need to do your homework. this may sound a little harsh, but you didn't. the good thing is that you will not make this mistake again. the first red flag is a low feedback count. although dexter 123's feedback is 100%, he's only sold 7 items. i personally would not buy a big ticket item from a seller with less than 100 positive feedbacks. if you go a bit further and click his actual feedback score, you will see that two people have left follow up comments about his watches being fake! i assume one of those comments are yours. if not, you will be the third. anyway, we've all done it so don't beat yourself up. i wish you the best of luck with paypal and please keep us posted with the outcome. all the best.

wheaton26

His feedback was 100% one of the negs is mine the other is a follow up after I contacted the other buyer and checked the sale , same story same watch same serial number. And as you can see the watch looks genuine. Also this statment came from Tag heuer

... Fluted crown for easy winding. Identical to the original model... see link.

http://www.tagheuer.com/the-collection/carrera/men/automatic-watch/index.lbl?w=WV211B.FC6202

wheaton26

His feedback was 100% one of the negs is mine the other is a follow up after I contacted the other buyer and checked the sale , same story same watch same serial number. And as you can see the watch looks genuine. Also this statment came from Tag heuer

... Fluted crown for easy winding. Identical to the original model... see link.

http://www.tagheuer.com/the-collection/carrera/men/automatic-watch/index.lbl?w=WV211B.FC6202

Ahh, that must refer to the original model of the watch to which this might be a modern version of, if they have that wording, fair enough that he copied it into his own description (well, other than him trying to sell a rep as a gen...) Here's hoping you get a satisfactory resolution :good:

sorry no return address. ebay say they have closed the case in my favour on the 22nd may , however due to the amount this needs to ba authorised by a supervisor and they keep saying they will let me know , but as of yet nothing.