When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

If you bought only one rep watch

akm

The answer to that question changes every time you get a new watch, now if you want to know which watches are best:-

Value

construction

accuracy to original

then there are a number of posts about it but a good start would be looking at the:-

IWC INGY

Breitling SOSF

WM9 Subs

Railmaster 39mm

Tough call as rep watches are pretty great nowadays. I have had:

- IWC Slevin

- WM9/BK LV Submariner

- Breitling SA (with gen dial)

- HBB SS

INMHO they are all worthy of being called "OMG'ness is that a rep?" reps :)

Ofcourse there are others I havnt listed ;) So a bit or research and reading will help you find what you need.

Old skool VC overseas. Amazing @ 169 usd, bought from paul around 2005. just look at the back engraving. Even the newer 42 VC overseas best model doenst have this amount of detail...

W1191-5.jpg

W1191-3.jpg

One of the very first, but under rated 'super reps'

Pauls info is wrong tho its a seagull 2892 copy and 8 mm thick.

Edited by slickdick

I started with an UPO and a Superocean Steelfish about over a year ago. Now I found myself still buying...

For starters, UPO may not be good choice because the thread on the crown tube can be striped easily. Superocean Steelfish is pretty good, but make sure you don't buy the one with arrow second hand.

Dream on akm..if we desiered only one watch we would not be here......CHOPARD 1000 MIGLIA GTXXL Chrono for me today..tomorrow who knows......

what is the best rep version 10000001.1

For me, the whole point to reps is being able to buy many instead of just picking one gen (or maybe a couple). The upside to this is that you can test drive the gen with the reps.

following the topic principle though...I guess if I _had_ to pick just one - it would be one that I would never buy the gen of.

You just keep on going and going and goingand goingand goingand goingand goingand goingand goingand goingand goingand goingand goingand goingand goingand goingand goingand goingand goingand goingand goingand goingand goingand goingand goingand goingand goingand goingand goingand goingand goingand goingand goingand goingand going.....until......... :whistling: