When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Forum software upgrade to latest software

Admin

Yes the new posts feature is still not picking up everything, I posted a few things, but the new posts button does not reveal them like it used too.....

EDIT: Like this post, after I posted it and clicked new posts, this thread is no longer part of the search results, it would have been before ;)

@MP

New posts will only show topics where you have unread posts. Since you have just read this topic and the last post, according to you, was yours, you don't have any unread posts here ;)

@MP

New posts will only show topics where you have unread posts. Since you have just read this topic and the last post, according to you, was yours, you don't have any unread posts here ;)

Ah, I see, is there any way I can change my profile settings to change that? It was nice to be able to keep track of the posts and updates via the new posts button like before :)

If I select "Show me all new content since my last visit" I get all the messages like before, with the new content being displayed with a bold message indicator, and the new content that has been read with a translucent message indicator on the left :)

The "Show me all content that I have not read" option does not have the translucent message indicator, only the bold one, I think before it was different? Either way, I will swap my setting to "Show me all new content since my last visit", as that seems to work just like before B)

@ All,

This upgrade didn't just happen "overnight".

It has been the subject of planning and discussion for a couple of months, and our illustrious leader has been spending much time in the cellar with his trusty wrench, making sure there were not too many issues when the button was finally pushed!

So firstly a huge thanks to T for his tireless dedication to our home, and for giving it a "spring clean", and a coat of paint.thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

However this is just the start of the renovations planned, so I'm sure you will continue to see more upgrades, changes and new features to keep this, our home, both sparkling clean, up to date and operational.

Thanks again T, we do really appreciate your untiring efforts and devotion to this place.clapping.gif

Offshore

Hey T...

question on the notifications...i still get the number of unread notifications near my avatar/profile pix in the header...but now also a counter of the number of unread notifications...clicking on my unread messages doesn't always seem to mark the notifications as read...am i missing something here?...i just also re-enabled pop-ups and wondering if this then stops the notification counter?...just wondering how this works...was thinking that reading pms would mark the notifications as read...

Thanks...R