When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

World cup

KB

England and USA performed at a poor level in this first round. I don't think they will go ahead in the worldcup.

performed poorly?? The U.S. made an extraodinary effort today and their game was one of the most interesting wins I've ever seen in the world cup!!!!! Spain's win over Honduras was horrible, and although they've got more talent, It annoys me that I don't see as much heart and effort from them as I do from the U.S.

performed poorly?? The U.S. made an extraodinary effort today and their game was one of the most interesting wins I've ever seen in the world cup!!!!! Spain's win over Honduras was horrible, and although they've got more talent, It annoys me that I don't see as much heart and effort from them as I do from the U.S.

Yes, they performed poorly. Take a look to Uruguay, Argentina, Paraguay, Chile, Brasil and Portugal. These teams played far far better than USA and England. It is a shame than Chile, playing 300% better than USA and England, has chances to be out of the worldcup. Spain never has performed well in worldcups.

I can bet a south american team will winn this worldcup.

England vs. Germany in the second round. The winner of that match will most likely play against Argentina (I doubt Mexico has a chance against them). So it's going to be a tough road to final for both...

Uruguay has been very solid... and they got extremely lucky. They play first Korea, and if they win they're going to play the winner of USA vs. Ghana. Not to say that any of these are crap teams, but historically Argentina and Germany are different class.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_FIFA_World_Cup_knockout_stage

England vs. Germany in the second round. The winner of that match will most likely play against Argentina (I doubt Mexico has a chance against them). So it's going to be a tough road to final for both...

Uruguay has been very solid... and they got extremely lucky. They play first Korea, and if they win they're going to play the winner of USA vs. Ghana. Not to say that any of these are crap teams, but historically Argentina and Germany are different class.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_FIFA_World_Cup_knockout_stage

Yes, Uruguay will be in semis.

First I thougth Germany will be in finals, but looking at their latest matches and taking in consideration they played with Australia rugby team :), I don't believe they will go so far. Argentina will be also in semis.

Brasil will be also there. OMG, it will be like a south american cup.

Any of the big boys, Argentina, Brazil, Germany and Italy can win. Like I said, there has never been a World Cup final played without at least one of these teams being there.

People hype Spain a lot. And yes, they have a great team... but it's not the first time they have a great team.

And honestly, who would you rather play against: Spain or Argentina/Germany/Brazil, or even Italy? The answer can be found from the World Cup history. It's not a coincidence... it's not only about the talent, it's also about the "culture of winning" that all these four big teams have. Spain has NEVER won even one medal... they one 4th place. And that was 60 years ago. :)

I agree with everything being said here.. except that fitipaldi says that the USA played "POORLY". I admit that the U.S. isnt the most talented team, or the most fun team to watch, but Having seen 90% of all the matches this past 2 weeks.. I can honestly say that the U.S. win against Algeria was the best ending I

That was a terrible performance by Italy. The whole 1st half looked like they were all playing in tranqualizers.

You can't go very far if you play well only 10 minutes in 3 games. Too bad it ended this way for Cannavaro and Buffon who had great careers. Di Natale, Pepe and Iauqinta were a total flops. And what was Criscito doing there, he was completely useless?

They simply didn't have a playmaker. Why Lippi took Pirlo in so late? He was the only creative player in the whole team. :black_eye:

I love Italians, my family is part Italian because my brother is married with an Italian... but I have always disliked their football team. So I can't say I'm very sorry... their 2006 championship was partly a gift from FIFA (the penalty disgrace against Australia) so even the Slovakian players' pitiful theatrics in the dying minutes didn't bother me... Italy had a taste of their own medicine. Good riddance.