When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What Did The Pope Say!

gran

119186-21948.jpg

I know the pope said something about Islam (I guess it was said in the Popes native tongue German) but what did he say that was so insulting? Could the German speaking members please give us some insight.

g. -_-

119186-21949.jpg

119186-21950.jpg

119186-21951.jpg

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pope Benedict XVI was damned throughout the Muslim world and likened to Hitler and a blood-lusting medieval crusader yesterday after he linked Islam to violence in a speech to a German university.

The Pope, quoting a 15th-century Byzantine emperor, told his audience at the University of Regensburg: "Show me just what Mohammed brought that was new, and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached."

How do some Muslims respond? With violent outbursts................

So, don't link our faith to violence (all faiths have violence in there history) or we will get violent..........

They would not understand the irony.

Pope Benedict XVI was damned throughout the Muslim world and likened to Hitler and a blood-lusting medieval crusader yesterday after he linked Islam to violence in a speech to a German university.

The Pope, quoting a 15th-century Byzantine emperor, told his audience at the University of Regensburg: "Show me just what Mohammed brought that was new, and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached."

How do some Muslims respond? With violent outbursts................

So, don't link our faith to violence (all faiths have violence in there history) or we will get violent..........

They would not understand the irony.

Could please someone explain me the irony in this?

Is it not obvious?

The Pope makes a comment regarding the violent past of the Muslim religion. Muslims are outraged at the suggestion (the Pope was wrong to make the quote in my opinion) but the reactions of some Muslims to the Pope's statement have been violent.

Edited by Mickey Padge

Ok, will the muslims now be [censored] off at

A: The pope

B: The pope and all catholics

C: The pope, the catholics and the christians or

D: Just about anyone who's not muslim?

Answer.... D.....Man

The Muslim Nation is everytime [censored] off..for all and everything was not it is Muslim....

The Pope,catholics, Football...sometimes the Wheater....

The islam if tolerance teaches ..... but the only speak from the Muslims is violence

Answer.... D.....Man

The Muslim Nation is everytime [censored] off..for all and everything was not it is Muslim....

The Pope,catholics, Football...sometimes the Wheater....

The islam if tolerance teaches ..... but the only speak from the Muslims is violence

See for yourself Mickey.

"Muslim Nation"???? What is it? Who are they? You mean Iranians?

Of course it doesn't help, but this event verifies the prejudice against muslims, doesn't it?

There is violence in every religions history. In the past all religions have been forced onto others through violence.

The Pope made a remark in regards to a violent part of the Mulsim faiths history, quoted from a Byzantine emperor of the time. Are Muslims saying he is not free do do this? Are we only meant to speak words that are placing the Muslim or any other religion in a good light?

If we deny the past and ignore the truths of our history do we not learn anything? Every religion has dark moments in history, not just the Muslim religion. We must learn from the mistakes of the past to improve ourselves and our faith.

However Muslims are the only people in recent times that react in such a violent way to other views and religions, which in turn defies the true beliefs of thier very own teachings. This is what ostricizes Muslims from the rest of the world, but they just can't see it.

Edited by Mickey Padge

This reminds me of the IRC religious discussions..

I have yet to see anyone throw their hands up and go "OMG!! You're right!! I'll be damned! there really IS no God!" Or the opposite reaction where people see the light..

I guess the "OMG" would be a bit out of place, but you get it..

People will always stick up for their religion, I can't say I have one, but being raised in what is a "christian" country, I guess I would side for them if push came to shove. Mainly because I see christianity as the lesser of two evils.. But then again, I have not studied islam, and pretty much only have an impression of it from TV.

I guess it's true what they say:

"Arguing online is like competing in the special olympics.. Even IF you win, you're still a retard."

See for yourself Mickey.

"Muslim Nation"???? What is it? Who are they? You mean Iranians?

There are always narrow minded people who only see what they want to see and are badly informed. It does work both ways, but when you see people celebrating a terrorist atrocity that kills thousands, how can you try to build a relationship with these people to understand their views? Would you even try?

Is there is any such thing as a non-violent religion?

All religions have extremists who engage in violence in the name of religion. Whether now or 1000+ years ago.. either in defense of said religion or as part of a "crusade"

It just goes with the turf, I guess!

That's what I mean. Not every muslim is a potential terrorist. I live in a country where 90% of its people is muslim (at least according to statistics) and I personally don't like to be associated in anyway with these bearded men in the above picture.

I understand you completely. Most people would not want to align themselves to such drastic outbursts and draconian views, but the people that do are using the Muslim religion in the process and perverting its teachings.

These are the people that moderate Muslims should be angry at, not the increasing numbers of worried westerners eyeing the nearest Muslim with suspicion. The way Muslim people are viewed in the eyes of others is being distorted by terrorist activity in the name of Islam.

Yes, there are people that are easily manipulated in this way, but these are ignorant ones, people who have nothing but religion to hold on to. You cannot expect them to see things in the way you do. And I think they feel frustrated or offended when europeans marginalize them, and once isolated, they become angry and some of them become dangerous, even terrorists. Pope is not an ordinary person, he should have known this and should have talked considering all that.

I must admit I find it diffficult to understand how Europeans have marginalised Muslims? I am a European, how have I marginalised Muslims?

Muslims are becoming isolated because terrorists are killing in the name of Islam. Route out and remove the fanatics that are tainting the Muslim religion then maybe Muslims will be seen in a different light.

Ok Firstly I just want to commend everyone for keeping this conversation in check, I should also point out that we do in fact have Muslim members who have done nothing to earn our contempt so lets keep playing nice. :)

Ken