When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Major Ploprof Issue

sfa437

I do hope everyone returns their watches or at least complains on this version so the dealers will understand that you can't sell a fatally flawed replica of a dive watch.

Agreed B)

I think that would be a good thing for lots to be returned, this is not exactly a cheep rep after all!

Send them back guys

Agreed B)

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to try to repair mine.

Got the sandwich of crystals split and cleaned although my mineral part is scratched. Have a 3.0 x 28.9 mm crystal coming in from Offshore and I am going to rebond the two using a UV cured adhesive from Ofrei.

Going to have to wait until my crystal press comes in though- broke my old one trying to get the crystal out LOL

Best fix for this would most likely be a bead of jewelers glue (kind of like a thick gel cyanoacrylate) around the joint followed by a sweep with a razor- kind of like sealing a joint in drywall/gypsum board. Then before it sets, seat the crystal.

This way you're not extending the diameter of the crystal and you're also adding a second bond by gluing the crystal in the case.

This is of course assuming the effing thing hasn't delaminated on you to begin with :lol:

Brilliant.

Mine seems to be starting to delaminate having NEVER been worn due to doa strap :black_eye:

So the good news is you don't have to get wet to make it go wrong - just the moist in the air will kill it :(

RETURNING THE THING TO THE DEALER ASAP

I was seriously thinking about the ploprof, but the non-functional lock button and happy feet made me wait. Now, this problem with the crystal is quite serious and it seems it's affecting quite a number of watches.

I'm going to wait for the elusive "ultimate version".

What are you guys going to do? Do the dealers offer some kind of money-back guarantee? (Since replacing the watch with another example will not solve the problem)

Thank you,

Catalin

Hmm yours have survived without any crystal failure... From where did you score yours? Maybe they use a different crystal setup than the other makers?

i got mine (swiss version) from king. now with that being said, some of the failed ones may have come from her too? i would ask her if she's had any returns before taking the plunge. her english isn't perfect so please take that into consideration as well. good luck!

i got from king aswell.

mine is delaminating after mild rain.

was wondering if added stress on the crystal when mounting it could make the crystal delaminate - could be why some do it some dont depending on the stress on the crystal, somewhat like the old problem on some 1950 fiddy's with exploding crystals...

So all the delaminating ones are bought from King or TB?

I've been wondering if the problem actually stems from the run (something like the delaminating ones are from the edge of the sheet - assuming sheets of crystal and mineral are joined and then cut).

mine that got saturated is the asian from josh - three weeks later it's still good...