When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DW Daytona Tropic 21 & bezel issue

wiesn089

Hi!

Sorry if this has been asked but I wasn't able to find an answer via the search function.

I installed a gen T21 on my DW 6263 today and ran into some issues. The first being the crystal, it's little loose but I think I'll fix this with some crystal cement once it arrives.

The other issue however is more critical. After installing the gen crystal the bezel won't fit anymore. It's only about 0.0001mm but I can't push it down anymore.

Am I doing something wrong here or has this happened to anyone else before? Perhaps I'm not pressing hard enough but I'm really afraid of damaging the crystal, I don't want to have to buy a new one...

Should I just press harder or grind away a little bit of the bezel? Is there a trick I am not aware of?

You need to widen the inside diameter of the bezel slightly. I did this with sandpaper wrapped around a wooden dowel. The bezel should press down on the crystal with some effort, but it should not be so hard that you need to crank down on it with a bezel/crystal press (assuming you have one). I would try installing the crystal without cement first, as you should not need it.

I left my bezel tight enough I had to press hard to seat it, and did not damage my gen T21.

A littje custom fitting won't hurt, go slow and measure often.

• 2 weeks later...