When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trouble with eta 2671 clone.

automatico

I gave my wife a replica steel lady DJ a while back with an etaclone 2671 in it.

Why? Because she went through two genuine rolex lady watches...a tutone DJ slow set years ago and a tutone lady OP sapphire no date not long ago. Both were duds, they ran down after 12 or 18 hours no matter what. The slow set was the worst of the worst, nothing but trouble...3 cleanings, 2 mainsprings, tighten the cp 3 or 4 times from all the date setting etc, etc. =@

At least you did not have to set the date on the OPD.

Btw, they both were purchased new from a rolex ADs and the slow set ran more or less Ok for over a year before it went south (1 year warranty back then).

The CMW who worked on the slow set said it best: "Lady slow sets are junk, always have been."

We never worked on the OP no date, I put it away and forgot about it.

I read where rolex claimed to make the winding more efficient on the lady models but who knows.

They also use lady movements in mid size rolex watches.

Now to the etaclone...

The watch would run over 30 hours after a day's wear so that was fine. The problem was it gained 5 to 10 minutes a week. I timed it 4 or 5 times and it still ran away so I took it down and cleaned the balance jewels, hairspring, mainspring/barrel, etc, oiled everything (including the MS bridle and barrel wall), timed it again and away it went. It showed +8 to -6 seconds a day on the timer in any position. I even wound it until the bridle slipped and the watch did not speed up. Since I had moved the regulator so many times, I double checked the regulator pins and made sure the hairspring was not in a bind. I also demaged it many times.

A couple weeks later it was over 10 minutes fast.

I've had better luck with a $20 Seagull ST6. :animal_rooster:

What do I think?

I figure maybe they are built to a low standard and this particular example just runs fast.

The 2671 etaclone is probaby not a whole lot better than any $20 Chinese DG, Seagull etc...they just look like etas and tick faster.

I have no experience with full size etaclone 2836 etc other than one I got a couple years ago..the winding rotor fell off the bearing race and rattled around inside the case. I have owed a genuine eta or two that did the same thing though.

Anyone else have trouble with this particular movement?

No, but I bought a lot of 10 ETA 2671 movements a while back and I'm in the process of making a Ladies DJ with one but having trouble getting the sweep hand to fit.

My wife had the TT DJ rep but it was a while back and it had the swiss eta, worked fine.

Then she bought a gen TT DJ and had it serviced- it was a quickset date as I recall.

Well, she couldn't keep it wound because she took it off every nite before bed. The next morning it would have stopped. Took it back to the watchmaker, but he said everything was OK.

I've run into other women who've had the same problem. Apparently women don't move their wrists as much as their jaws!

Now my wife wears a nice 14K quartz dress watch and I think quartz watches are just about right for most women.

Amen brotha.

We should have more resect for women than that...hell my woman only get to wear mechanical movements..I buy her handwinds when possible

Whorologicaly yours

Gunnar :drinks:

every clone i've ever bought sits in pieces in my parts box

..didnt mean to make a poem out of it...but hey.

what im trying to say is, I would never buy a clone again, ETA or nothing. i've learned my lessons

theyre definitely NOT made the same way, either keep bad time or stupid things fail on them. which is why i have 4 clone movements sitting here in pieces , re-purposed to my educational department. meanwhile all my gen ETAs tick on.

the only clone company i may trust enough to give a try in the future is Sellita , since they seem good enough for ORIS, TISSOT, and FORTIS , TAG

Mrs. Ubi has had this little DJ for 4 or 5 years now; initially purchased from EL to test the waters for a gen purchase.

IMG_0801.jpg

This watch has been used, abused and keeps ticking away; the little Swiss 2671 inside not only refuses to quit, but still keeps pretty accurate time as well (+5 sec/per day with normal wear). Needless to say, after seeing the condition of this watch after just a few month's worth of wear, the gen DJ was off the table. Mrs. Ubi is just too hard on her watches.