When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Blue dial Day-Date II

By-Tor

Many people think that all new Rolex designs are unattractive.

But this is actually quite nice at 41mm. Or what do you think?

(not my photos, these are web finds)

picture.GIF

picture.GIF

picture.GIF

cs.jpg

fl.jpg

flc.jpg

trc.jpg

tr.jpg

b.jpg

tl.jpg

I have seen it in person - in fact the store had one when I picked up my 36MM platinum version. As always the Glacier blue is amazing which is why I couldn't live without it and was willing to pay the premium. I mean you really have to think a dial is amazing to pay that much of a premium for it - it is IMO. But I have to say that the engine turning on the roman dial looks cheap as hell. Terrible really. The arabic is nice though I prefer romans. I would like to see a roman dial without the turning but I don't think they make it. I was thinking of you the other day at the AD when I tried on a 41MM in YG with champagne romans. Not that you would like the gold, but just that the size of watch and the simplicity of a simple roman dial you would like. That watch would really work for you as the ultimate dress watch IMO given that you are a bigger guy.

This 1 does not work for me.

I love the gen platinum DD with the ice blue dial & stick markers. The dial on this rep is too busy & its color lacks that magic twinkle of the gen. :thumbdown: I have yet to see a rep that gets the dial color correct, which is what makes that ice blue gen dial such a stunner.

Just my .02 here. I think this design would be better served on the older 36mm size. That way it also works as a Unisex watch. My wife would love that watch in the older smaller size. (The watch above does have some feminine-esq wear-ability qualities.)

I have also seen these in person and share RobbieG's feelings.

I think the leap from 36 to 41 is too much. As far as the 41's go, that 1mm does make a difference. 40mm ok, 39mm perhaps optimal??? Still refined, and elegant enough under a dress shirt. These 41's scream LOOK AT ME!

Like the new sub and deepsea, again in my opinion, I think their proportions are 'off'. If you are a big guy, I am sure they work great. I get the sense that these went onto the drawing board when the big oversized watch craze was fashionable. Now that understated is coming back, Rolex was perhaps too late to the market.

Final though, I saw a woman wearing a 41mm white face Milgauss-- LOOKED HORRIBLE on her. Way out of proportion and too loud. Conversely, I still like the look of a 40mm Sub (Cameron Diaz), or 40mm PAM (Heidi Klum) on a Women, but the new Rolex's not so much.

YMMV,

Just my .02 here. I think this design would be better served on the older 36mm size. That way it also works as a Unisex watch. My wife would love that watch in the older smaller size. (The watch above does have some feminine-esq wear-ability qualities.)

I have also seen these in person and share RobbieG's feelings.

I think the leap from 36 to 41 is too much. As far as the 41's go, that 1mm does make a difference. 40mm ok, 39mm perhaps optimal??? Still refined, and elegant enough under a dress shirt. These 41's scream LOOK AT ME!

Like the new sub and deepsea, again in my opinion, I think their proportions are 'off'. If you are a big guy, I am sure they work great. I get the sense that these went onto the drawing board when the big oversized watch craze was fashionable. Now that understated is coming back, Rolex was perhaps too late to the market.

Final though, I saw a woman wearing a 41mm white face Milgauss-- LOOKED HORRIBLE on her. Way out of proportion and too loud. Conversely, I still like the look of a 40mm Sub (Cameron Diaz), or 40mm PAM (Heidi Klum) on a Women, but the new Rolex's not so much.

YMMV,

I agree...just can't seem to get into the 41mm DD and DJ. I have tried but it doesn't seem right although I suppose it will grow on me.

Edited by preacher62

ive got both roman and arabic number versions

I prefer arabic, and I reckon, it looks MUCH better in person than the above pics

it is a great stylish conservative watch - very understated, but when it catched someones eye, it gets compliments

I usually wear more outlandish watches like PVD's and pams and things, but this one gets its share of rotation

worthy addition to a collection