When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega PloProf Crystal

FDG

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We definetly want the double AR, the single AR was pretty effective but double AR would just kill it :)

fyi, there is a full review of the omega ploprof in the latest issue of watchtime magazine where it confirms the gen crystal has a double ar. it also confirms at least one layer of ar on the bezel. luckily my crystal is holding up or i'd be in on this run as well. good luck!

04_10_osn_310.jpg

Thank you wheaton for the information :)

I got word from the factory, the AR coating they use, is from the same factory that did the AR for Breitling and other big brands.

Those brands bought a few years ago the patent for a new AR coating technique, so what we are getting, is the AR coating Breitling etc used to use.

So, gen like AR on our crystals? You bet!

EDIT:

Just for your info :) The crystals are made in Holland, then shipped to Switzerland to receive the AR coating in the factory that does AR coatings for brands like Breitling, Omega etc

"In like Flynn"

None other than our great Aussie hero- Errol Flynn.

Molester,womaniser, alleged rapist, just a wonderful role model!

Meaning

To be quickly and/or emphatically successful, usually in a sexual or romantic context.

Origin

flynn.jpgThis phrase is commonly said to be a reference to Errol Flynn, the Australian film actor. Flynn was famous for his romantic swashbuckler roles in Hollywood films and for his flamboyant private life. His reputation as a hard-drinking, hell-raising ladies' man was apparently well justified, although it has doubtless been enhanced by his delight in playing up to his image. For instance, he entitled his autobiography - My Wicked, Wicked Ways and also did nothing to dispel the incredible but nonetheless widespread rumours as to the the size of his penis and the number of women who had shared his bed. Flynn was acquitted in February 1943 for the statutory rape of a teenage girl.

The word in had been used with regard to success, good fortune or sexual conquest for some years prior to the 1940s.

Offshore

Still waiting to get my Ploprof back from Ms. King - but i really need to have this crystal as a backup - do not trust that there will be a solid sappiher version ever.

SO count me in PM sent.

Great job btw. :victory:

Yeah, we got 16 crystals so far. I am thinking wheter to order 20 or 25. Maybe some people will think; man I want one of those crystals, and I still have some stock then.

What do you guys think?

But you need to help me a bit, I need to pay 50% upon ordering and 50% upon shipment. So I need to ask you all to pay atleast 50% before I order, I hope this is not a problem?

I think 25 crystals (or more) will sell pretty easy since I think a lot of people are holding off on the PloProf until there's a fix for the crystal issue.

50% up front is no problem as long as I get a nice looking double AR sapphire crystal in the end.

Edited by MilSub

Well I dont know, I think they would sell yes. So I will probably order 25, and get the best price for us :D

I run a business in luxury products and aim for the highest posible customer satisfaction, so no worries.

Yeah, we got 16 crystals so far. I am thinking wheter to order 20 or 25. Maybe some people will think; man I want one of those crystals, and I still have some stock then.

What do you guys think?

But you need to help me a bit, I need to pay 50% upon ordering and 50% upon shipment. So I need to ask you all to pay atleast 50% before I order, I hope this is not a problem?

Just let us know the payment options. this is no problems at all.

Thanks all,

I just finished the drawing for the factory, if you all agree with it I shall make it final.

post-27832-046594500 1280352286.jpg

post-27832-077881200 1280352289.jpg

post-27832-026675400 1280352288.jpg

post-27832-057506500 1280352286.jpg

I shall make a email/pm/post for all concerned on the payment options and instructions :)

Call me crazy but I've seen these deals go bad in the past. All the other vets know what I'm talking about...

As I live in The Netherlands my suggestion is to have some phone contact with FDG first before anyone makes a down payment.

This way if the deal goes bad, we at least know how to get in touch with this guy...

All my information is on my Paypal account. But if one assist, I have no problem with a phone call.

This is a pure team effort since I am not even making any profit on these crystals :)

I'd like to get in on this deal. I don't even have the watch ordered yet, but I'm sure I'll want a crystal that doesn't de-lam the minute it touches water. I'm waiting for the "ultimate" but they won't get around to fixing this prob until at least version 4, so if I don't get in now, I'll be in for a long wait if and when...

got my ploprof back from the dealer today after it have been back to get a new movement, new crown and a new crystal, the darn thing is delam out of the box :wounded1:

cant wait to exchange the crystal to a full sapphier....