When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Submariner 7922 Big Crown Watch

mjmj

that is a seriously good looking watch! I have no idea how true the yuki copy is to the original, however since it is a watch from the 1950's, I would suspect that their aren't many around. you would have to run into a real Tudor expert to tell whether this is real or not, so I would say that you could wear this one just about anywhere in the world with confidence.

I googled 7922 and got a few references with photos, I did see that some are coming out of Vietnam that look quite similar to the Yuki, except these are supposed to have a Rolex Tudor 390 movement. these are probably reproduction movements, as original 390's are probably as scarce as hen's teeth. Looks like the Yuki version uses an ETA 2462 which I wasn't able to find out much about, but sounds old and scarce as well.

There is and interesting thread on the MWR forum from back in 2008. Oner of the members has one that he bought new in 1958. He Had no idea what it was worth, only had two services at RSC,s over the years. He had gotten all sorts of conflicting info from dealers, jewelers, etc. Some basically told him it wasn't wort anything!!. I'm sure they would follow him out of the store hoping that he would throw it in their Dumpster!! At any rate, the consensus of the MWR folks was it was worth somewhere North of 25K. So I would say that the Yuki is a bargain at 1100.00 USD or about 25X less than the genuine watch.

I have a plan for this one. I'm in line for a MKII Kingston (general ordering) 100 watches and general ordering opened and closed in about 1 1/2 hours, so I don't know if I got one or not. The MKII Kingston is a homage to the Rolex 6538. If my general ordering position is too far down the line, and my deposit is refunded, I'm definitely going to purchase this one. Like Freddy says, it will need a trip to The Zigmeister for a vintage lume job and the case will need aging (I can do that naturally, just wear it outside doing routine farm, yard work)!!Gilt hands would certainly be nice, possibly Yuki can supply them. Also one of the variants I saw, while goggling info on this watch, had a red triangle bezel insert. If that option was available, I would go for that as well.

LOL, the more that I look at the pic I posted, the more I wonder if it's not a Yuki rep also! It was in my Photobucket album so that's all I know!

Here's a 7924 which is gen

7924sale21.jpg

As panerai pointed out, these should have the 390 movement and gold hands would be appropriate if original, as freddy said.

Still it's a nice rep.

Here's a gen to compare with and of course the gen will run 10x more money I would think

0031.jpg

m...that is a rep...

The 7922 BC is rarer than the 6538. Tudor also has more military history than Rolex. What is even more interesting is that the 7922 with the small crown is very rare.

Here is an older pic of my 7922 with the unaged hands, they have since been aged to match the dial...

P1013090.jpg

Pretty funny Alligoat!

The dial is off but still a nice looking piece.

LOL, the more that I look at the pic I posted, the more I wonder if it's not a Yuki rep also! It was in my Photobucket album so that's all I know!

Here's a 7924 which is gen

7924sale21.jpg

As panerai pointed out, these should have the 390 movement and gold hands would be appropriate if original, as freddy said.

Still it's a nice rep.

• 7 months later...

Any updates to this thread?

When I contacted Yuki several months ago, they told me the watch was not available. Don't know about now, would still love to have one, bi=ut haven't checked back with them in a while. Send them and email and see what the status is.

Still not available. I just asked him a few weeks ago. He says both the case and dial are discontinued. Too bad, it looks pretty nice. I can imagine it was probably expensive when it was available.

dizz