When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What is it about Rolex....that annoys you?

brandwatch

rolexaddict - Are you anti-semitic, by any chance? What gives you the right to be so prejuduiced and judgemental towards Jewish people? It would be interesting to hear from our Jewish members on this site, and perhaps they could give you the benefit of an intellectual reply?

Well i am not so picky about details as mentioned

from others above - rep or gen - although i can somehow understand the members :)

ONLY THING id love to change about Rolex is the

total noobness seeming infinite to me... attached to the wearers :animal_rooster:

Doesnt seem to be much of a difference whether its gen or rep,

but ive noticed more noobness attached to some gen-wearers!

I could name straight 5 persons (close workmates) wearing GEN rolex

with virtually "0" anticipation, not only towards watches but also

towards women, towards cars, life etc. etc. ...

Its almost like this people didnt pay "in cash" for their watches

but with their brains (or what was left at moment of purchase) :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------

OT: I had a similar situation concerning cars and brands which lead

me to buy an Alfa-Romeo rather than a BMW back in 1998 - because

the amount of a$$hats (sorry) i knew driving BMWs was too large for me ;)

Hope i didnt offend anyone here (RWG) but i guess most of the

people i point too where to be located outside our boards and out of this world somehow :bangin:

Cheers!

:drinks:

George

Gran, Jerry is not a good exemple, USA is not France. You should read a little about jews people origin and culture, then come in Paris and walk down the streets with a bling Rolex, you will understand very fast

I presume Jews are as different as most "nations"...and the Fench and Spaish might have gotten it all wrong on this one

Oviously you have every right to write what you write and to relay to us the view in France...and yes i should do some reading on the subject (Remember Gran = a jewish loving liberal....) :)

In fact I was in Paris and stayed in the jewish area there, orthodox mostly from what i could tell, and made friends with some alpine skiing kosher pizza making long bearded guys in black suits there...guess those are not the ones wearing blingy stuff

oney and

Anyhow it is an interesting subject this...as in Norway it is businessmenn and people that strive for money and power (outside politics) and conservative that are beleived to wear Rolex

rolexaddict - Are you anti-semitic, by any chance? It would be interesting to hear from our Jewish members on this site,...?

Are there jewish members allowed down here? On RWG??

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

:animal_rooster: :animal_rooster: :animal_rooster: :animal_rooster: :animal_rooster:

Just kidding!! :clapping:

lol

I cant imagine jews beeing more into rolex than other nationalities...

George

I have always had a "love/hate" relationship with this brand (speaking for genuine);

Love - their design (although, I'd agree with most on the unappealing look of their newest big case designs, even though I wear a DSSD while I type this :lol: ). I also always loved their logo, that little coronet along with the word Rolex and its font style, to me, was really meant to be on the dial of a watch.

Hate - their snotty, arrogant attitude toward their customers. Periodic price increases on their products just because they can (or think they can). Discontinued support for older models, even though they have been basically producing the same thing for that past 40 years or so. Basically riding on the success of the products that their forefathers created in order to keep up appearances of status, tradition and quality and thereby charging 10x or more for their current products. Artificially raising the price of stainless steel models by limiting their production, thereby convincing customers to buy more expensive two tone models on the spot, or get put on a waiting list for years to get what they really want, and wind up paying more for the privilege of waiting for what is essentially a plain steel watch.

Whether you love them or hate them, you have to admit one thing, they are still the most copied watch in the world, and gens could almost still be used as currency in some parts of the world. They must be doing something right.

Cheers B)

F*ck going to France for a vacation... :thumbdown:

You just represented your country like it full of a bunch of a$$hats.

If you come in France with a modern Rolex at your wrist, wear long sleeve shirts, don't expect people looking at you with admiration in a party, don't expect girls and success, you will just look like a has been poser, even with a simple Submariner which is the sign to reconize jews here, again no offence, just to explain that in France we don't really appreciate these tribes with guys wearing thick gold neck chains, Subs, DSSD and GMT IIC and rep blond girls (we call them Barbie doll/Christmas trees) wearing Daytonas

But I agree with others that the DSSD was made to compete with the popularity of Panerai and Breitling models to name a few. moving forward is beneficial to brand equity if it is done to bring the brand to a new innovative level.

I have not seen this done yet, and the price increases are not reflective on their innovative input to the industry.

An all white gold ceramic blue submariner for $25k USD?

wtf....

Edited by CharlieUK

Aesthetically - Have been back and forth on the cyclops for and against. Owned two gens with and two without. Like it much more with the AR coating on newer models.

Agree with the comment about AR on the crystals. It would be great to see some models with it at least on the inside of the crystal. It would probably need to be a colorless coating like theOmega SMP models use because the blue or purple tint would take away the classic look IMO.(even though Rolex has done that themselves with some of the new model changes)

Socially - I generally don't see good reactions from people when I wear a Rolex watch gen or rep. Unless they are a watch enthusiast I have heard comments regarding whether the watch is authentic or direct comments about my personal financial condition.

Maybe that reaction is based on me wearing a different Rolex 3 or 4 days(all reps but 1 right now) in a row yet I still drive a pickup truck to work. :lol: :lol:

Edited by Jackjo

Sounds as if rolexaddict has gone AWOL? Probably dropped himself off the forum and joined up again with another name? Ah well, I look forward to his IP address popping up again to give us the benefit of his brilliance... Funny how sometimes the same fish get hooked by the same fisherman, only to be released and then caught again...? Come on rolexaddict, show us your wrist!

Anyway wasnt Groucho Marx (your signature) also a jew?

Groucho, a Jew, was born Julius Marx. His three (real life) Marx brothers were Milton (Gummo Marx), Arthur (Harpo Marx) & Leonard (Chico Marx - no, he was not Italian).

is that then also a Rolex on his wrist? (Fotograph)

No idea, but I doubt it.

What bugs me, a self-professed vintage OEM Rolex collector for decades, is that there appears to not be any real 21st century reinterpretation of what the essence of Rolex used to be. In other words, there were countless classic designs that are worthy of recreation, in, say, a larger contemporary size... But instead Rolex has focused on modernizing useless aspects of their sports models. I like the fact that they've refused to change, but bringing back some real classics in a new & refreshing manner would be marvelous. I really like how IWC has recreated some of their classic models... They have all been done tastefully IMO--very different than lets say the Milguass :bangin: or the ridiculous GMT with green hand :mellow: These are poor recreations akin to Chrysler's PT Cruiser as being an homage to some sort of late 20th century ode to a failed early 20th century Art Deco design cue ----> not classic but tasteless!

hehe @freddy

Yes i doubt too... that "rolex-jew-connection" ;)

and +1 @eunomians

beeing no rolex-nerd at all i do love some of their

classic designs and also acclaim what they achieved

to the watch loving people!

However i couldnt have said it better -

you took the words out of my mouth and described

the situation towards design-renewal and corporate identity

very well :)

George

Edited by Katerchen

• 2 weeks later...

the genuine rolex is too expensive. in the 1970 the price is fair and the cost of living increase is far less thn the rolex increase of price, greedy rolex.

the fake rolex is always the quality control so far. this will change if the good production is used in factory not in home by low pay.

The price of the copy can be little increase ok but the quality is far better controlled.