When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Preview of Future Tudor Project

jmb

I had a hand-wind movement that needed use (movement from Timezome class) so I snagged an old Small Rose Tudor Oyster dial from flea-bay and dug out one of my 34mm cases. I had ordered a set of Alpha hands a while back and wanted to try them on something but I'm not sure now as they seem awfully "dainty" installed on this. Here's a couple pics as it is not finished, movement not secured, band not chosen, etc... As much as I hate "straps" this one might only look good on a vintage looking brown leather strap of some sort...

Rose ND 1.JPG

Movement 1.JPG

Heck, given the straight stick markers on the dial, I think a set of straight stick hands, a la later Datejust, would look good. Or even a set of straight sticks with pointed ends like a 6694. Come to think of it, I have a set of 6694 hands lying around somewhere, but lord knows where I stashed them in my mess!

I like the 2801 in there, it'll be interesting to see how it performs. Kinda like the 6694, where you unscrew the crown every day and wind the watch and rescrew the crown down- seems like a lot of wear and tear on the crown and tube.

goat - the winding gears feel/look pretty "robust" so I would not think it a problem. I do agree with y'all that the hands need to go...

Yes, I think that stick "Datejust style" hands would probably look nice but I'm thinking a dial from this era should have more stylistic hands. I'm leaning toward a set of Dauphine style... This probably won't get much wrist time so I would expect I'll never wear out the crown!

I had a hand-wind movement that needed use (movement from Timezome class) so I snagged an old Small Rose Tudor Oyster dial from flea-bay and dug out one of my 34mm cases. I had ordered a set of Alpha hands a while back and wanted to try them on something but I'm not sure now as they seem awfully "dainty" installed on this. Here's a couple pics as it is not finished, movement not secured, band not chosen, etc... As much as I hate "straps" this one might only look good on a vintage looking brown leather strap of some sort...

Rose ND 1.JPG

Movement 1.JPG

Rose ND 1.JPG

Movement 1.JPG

Thanks, Mike, I'll probably be getting with you later on about this. If I put on a "strap" :yuk: (sorry, just really don't like wearing 'em) it will need to be one of the ones that is "formed" at the end so there's not a huge gap between the end of the strap and the case.

This is the "Dauphine Look", I think I like it...

new.JPG