When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Look at what I got here!

chiman12

Won this on FartBay recently!!!

P1013394.jpg

The orginal auction pics weren't that good, so I took a chance. It looks like the dial itself is in very good shape, except for the lume!

I guess it's time I brush up on my luming skills...dry.gif

Anyone have suggestions of which type of lume I should go with and where I can purchase it?

Thanks everyone! :victory:

Thanks everyone!

ByTor...looking at this dial, now I can truly understand what you mean't about the importance of the black markers and how it should match the hands. The contrast is striking!

The dial also has a slight creamy patina to it, which is a bonus!

Nice find, Chi!

Although it's a tritium dial, I would think going back with C-1 super luminova would give the best lume.

Of course, now you need a case, movement and set of hands to complete the deal. Good luck, look forward to seeing the results!

Freddy man...please tell us why you believe that it might be aftermarket?

Because based on the coronet, the "R" in Rolex, the spacing of the "II", and the thicker markers, I believe it to be a very late 80's...early 90's dial. The back of the dial has two indents, most likely for the extra gears for a 3185. Dial feet are in the correct location, but this doesn't really mean anything...

I've never seen anyone sell an after market 16570 dial before and if it's a redial, it's a really good job!

That dial is fine. Other than the ding on the 'u' in Superlative which is damage just like on the lume. The 'Swiss-T<25' is just like another dial I looked at on the bay. Even though this dial was produced until 1999 or so, I agree with it being late 80's, early 90's due to its condition, although abuse can happen at anytime!

Freddy man...please tell us why you believe that it might be aftermarket?

ExIIs are not my specialty & there are variations, but most of the ExIIs of similar vintage in my picture archives have dials like this

ex2.jpg

The R in Rolex looks different, the location of the < is aligned differently relative to the minute track, differences in spacing, etc. Again, I have not done alot of research on these, so I could be completely wrong. But it seems off to me. And that, coupled with your comments about the seller's less than optimal pics, always makes me nervous.