When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

whole bunch of vintage Rolex with nice movements

JamesThailand

A lot of us here have these level of replicas with gen movements or the Valjoux 72 or Val 23 movement conversions (old daytonas). They can cost upwards of $5000 or more to build. Are those solid gold daytona cases? How much for the daytonas? How much for something like GMT or EXP II? These watches are built by a lot members here and pop up in the for sale section regularly, and usually sell quite fast.

Dizz

Yeah i dont know what that was... Too many questions and no answers on that one lol

I looked through about 100 gen movement pics, and none of them had engraving that poor.

dizz

If the price is around 2-3 grand, I will personally fly to bkk this weekend and organise a group buy or something. When I m there, I can probably post pic of the actual watch live with the Iphone.

Any chance you could share the vendor info to me?

Wow! these were selling in the markets!? How much were they going for? I wouldn't mind the GMT or the milgauss.

I would stay away from any GMT-powered rep. From my experience, the GMT movement is only a basic 1570 altered by the street vendor by adding a couple of gears. I saw these items in Vietnam (MQ vintage watch shop) and there were problems with datewheel.

I would stay away from any GMT-powered rep. From my experience, the GMT movement is only a basic 1570 altered by the street vendor by adding a couple of gears. I saw these items in Vietnam (MQ vintage watch shop) and there were problems with datewheel.

ok Thanks, I will steer away from the GMTs. And yes if you happen to fly to bkk, I will put my hand up for one of these items.