When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Reps From Taiwan By Burberrylucy On Ebay

alligoat

Well, I don't consider it a scam, but I think it's interesting because it goes against ebay's policy of counterfeit merchandise. And I was curious if anyone else had run across Burberrylucy, and maybe even purchased from her/him? And I do like those damn cg's- I wish our dealers would take note!

The picture of the item does look good to someone as new as I am as well. What I'm curious about is that I could swear I read somewhere that genuine Rollie pix have the hands at 10:10. I did notice that the sellers' items I looked at were all at 10:10. If my memory is correct...then couldn't these be pix of gens...and what you get could be quite different?

Just a thought.

I have sent her a few email in regards to the mid-size Yachtmaster. I asked for more pictures and a couple of days later she sends me these:

123741-20934.jpg

123741-20935.jpg

Looks like a genuine watch to me. I sent a reply stating I would buy THAT watch if she sent another picture with my ebay name in the photo.

I wonder what she will reply :p

Edited by Mickey Padge

Well boys and girls, I didn't think it was possible that I could buy a watch like nothing in my collection from BurberryLucy -- but I was wrong.

The cheap piece of junk she sent me was like nothing in my collection, nothing I would have in my collection, and nothing I would have bought on Canal Street for $35.

It does have a wonderfully deep rehaut . . . because of an ugly plastic white spacer

The "Swiss Movement," isn't.

The bracelet is . . . how shall i put this . . . let's just say you don't want it.

The date font is not 2.5

BurberryLucy is not being helpful . . . I trust that nobody will condemn me to terribly badly for roasting her on feedback and charging back her account.

If anyone is inclined to point this twit out to EBay as a dealer in counterfeits, the more the merrier I always say.

Bill

Bill, I admire your sense of adventure...you are a true expeditionary of uncharted waters :victory: ...BurberryLucy :yucky: I'd really like to see the pics...!(just for the sake of it)

Cheers

Alex

Well boys and girls, I didn't think it was possible that I could buy a watch like nothing in my collection from BurberryLucy -- but I was wrong.

The cheap piece of junk she sent me was like nothing in my collection, nothing I would have in my collection, and nothing I would have bought on Canal Street for $35.

It does have a wonderfully deep rehaut . . . because of an ugly plastic white spacer

The "Swiss Movement," isn't.

The bracelet is . . . how shall i put this . . . let's just say you don't want it.

The date font is not 2.5

BurberryLucy is not being helpful . . . I trust that nobody will condemn me to terribly badly for roasting her on feedback and charging back her account.

If anyone is inclined to point this twit out to EBay as a dealer in counterfeits, the more the merrier I always say.

Bill

I suggested, in no uncertain terms, that the Burberry Bimbette refund my PayPal account forthwith. All I got back was run around. I made it clear to Twit Wit that I would cause her a great deal of grief if she did not comply immediately - all I got was [censored].

Oh well, no regrets, remorse or recriminations -- those who believe in the sacred PayPal account concept, flame on.

I have reported each and every fake this twit has for sale on EBAY to EBAY security.

I have reported each and every fake this twit has for sale on EBAY to PayPal security.

I have filed a complaint with PayPal - "I thought I got an incredible deal on a Rolex, and damned if this thing doesn't have plastic inside and all my friends are laughing at me."

I have reached out to various former buyers suggesting that they have someone examine their watches.

In sum, I have done my very best to put this brain dead bimbette out of business for giving the rep community a bad name!

Bill

I would love to see some pictures of the watch she sent you. I asked her for some but she said she didnt understand me. Glad I didnt take the leap! Thanks for the review.

Next pics I shoot, I'll snap a couple of these.

Bill

That person is absolutely nuts.

I have lived 12 out of the last 15 months in Taiwan. I got home last Friday.

The government takes a very dim view of knockoffs. I personally know a man that did two years in the federal pen for selling knockoff watches in Taiwan. Their justice system is blind and swift. No plea bargains, no judicial leniency, no appeals, no pardons, nada.

There are signs along the freeways and in the airport at Taipei that state: Trafficking in drugs carries the death penalty. Through normal channels, arrest to firing squad is 30 days.

I reiterate: The person selling knockoff watches on the Taiwan 'Bay' is crazy.

By the way, I have seen some stunning watches in Taiwan, but they aren't cheap. I have seen some junk, too.

Bill.