When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

finally a decent GMT-Master Rep ?

Star69

It looks ok, but why did they even bother to attempt to make the 2836 look like a 1570? Who cares? It's behind a closed caseback where no one will see it. :g

I am convinced these look-a-like movements only exist to scam Pawn Shops and uninformed eBay/Craigslist buyers. :(

As far as the above rep goes, it screams rep to me. At that price, considering the amount of mods needed to make it more plausible it does not seem like a good buy. Case and Bracelet seem decent.

Keep looking! This one isn't much better than the past models. Looks like they are just taking a sub case and adding a GMT dial movement and hands,etc. the crown is way too big and unfortunately, when you replace the crown with a proper size gen, the crown guard opening is going to be too wide.Crown guards are too pointy. With all the Gen 1675's and 16750's floating around at pretty reasonable prices, you would think that the rep manufacturers could make a perfect copy of this watch.

Maybe in a few years when WM9 gets around to making a GMT, we will have a reasonable rep, but we don't have one now.

It has "spiky" Submariner/Sea Dweller crown guards. That was the first thing I noticed. :D

Unfortunately it's not a good rep at all. The wait continues... :(

I agree...it would have been better for them to use the current 1655 and make that into a 1675...the CG's would at least be more accurate...

If you enlarge the pic in the top right hand corner of Josh's ad, you see the 'E' in Date just in the corner of the cyclops.

By now you'd think they could get rid of the 'Date' and just make it Oyster Perpetual- instead they try to hide it with the hour hand!