When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What about the GMT 1675 from watcheden ?

docdoc

Hi, not the vintage expert, but had a gen one in my hands yesterday, as I wanted to buy it. It was a "Pepsi" from 1971 and looked like new. The AD said, that the 1675 were only available with red/blue or black bezel insert. No "Coke" bezel at this time.

I also saw this one from watcheden, but had no time to compare it to the gen.

Here are some GMT Infos in german.

Cheers, J

It's getting better but still not quite there. They've got the color split right in the bezel (asymmetric to the numerals) but the crown is still too big. The bezel appears to be a shaved-down Submariner bezel. But it's getting better.

gmt2.jpg

Another note... don't take my dial as a reference. That's a screwy "mini" dial, with indices much smaller than typical.

Check out the text sizing in the bottom three lines. There's a start to the WE errors.

Getting better, and the cool thing about doing a 1675 is the IHS 2836 movements would actually be the correct hand stack, and reliable.

Indeed. That makes it even crazier that there isn't a decent replica.

The only difference on the gen 1675 is that the 24h hand isn't adjustable. You operate the GMT function from the bezel only. Killing the adjustability function on reps isn't a big deal though.