When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I don't normally ask for help, but I need your prayers

TeeJay

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd just like to say a huge thanks to everyone who has sent their prayers and goodwishes to Nicola and family :) Having been away, I haven't heard more from her, and it's a bit late to wake up wifey to enquire about the health of another woman :bangin: Updates will be given as the news becomes available :) Thanks again, one and all :good::drinks:

Many thanks, guys :) No further updates as yet, I think Nicola's gone into seclusion till she can get more definite news. Given how this is a repeat of the troubles she was having just before she had Robin, I can imagine it's taking quite a toll on her, but we're still thinking positive thoughts :victory:

@ R, Much appreciated, bro, I know it'd mean a lot to Nicola :) We haven't heard from her for a few days, but knowing how she can be, that's not a sign for concern, whatever her situation, she'll let us know when the time's right for her :)

@ Zesh, Many thanks, brother, the donation and prayers will no doubt bring about good tidings :)

I'd just like to once again thank all for their goodwishes and prayers, it has not gone unnoticed by me, and I could not be more grateful to you all :drinks:

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to draw this thread to a close, saying Nic has had her test results back, and been told no cancer :) (From comments she made, I think they did a full hysterectomy, but that's not the kind of thing to really ask) I'd just like to thank everyone who wished her well, the good wishes were very much appreciated, and I'm sure the prayers were all helpful :) Many thanks, my friends :good::drinks:

Wow that's wonderful news. I suppose a choice between having one's uterus removed vs a cancer diagnosis is a choice of the lesser of two evils but it sounds like she's going to be ok. Medical science is amazing. Not to pat my profession on the back but a century ago cancer was a virtual death sentence and today patients have so many options that cure and provide quality of life that it's simply amazing. I know we all tend to focus on the tragic stories when they come to our attention but the fact is that most cancers are treatable and many do recover. Early detection is the key. Hope you can sleep easier knowing sh has a clean bill of health!

Prayer....it's what's for breakfast........Get some!

Glad we have a happy ending to this one.

Continued Blessings my friend.

Indeed, as the old saying goes, "it's good for what ails ya" :) Thanks indeed :)

Wow that's wonderful news. I suppose a choice between having one's uterus removed vs a cancer diagnosis is a choice of the lesser of two evils but it sounds like she's going to be ok. Medical science is amazing. Not to pat my profession on the back but a century ago cancer was a virtual death sentence and today patients have so many options that cure and provide quality of life that it's simply amazing. I know we all tend to focus on the tragic stories when they come to our attention but the fact is that most cancers are treatable and many do recover. Early detection is the key. Hope you can sleep easier knowing sh has a clean bill of health!

Absolutely, it's been a huge weight on our minds, simply because of the implications not only to Nicola's family, but also for our godson and how it would affect him. As you say, medical science is amazing :) Even a decade ago cancer pretty much meant a trip off the mortal coil, but things have certainly advanced and improved :)

I am very pleased to hear that everything worked out fine for her TJ! Thanks for letting us know!

Always my pleasure to share good news :)

Hardly the clearest of pics, but a heartwarming one to see uploaded to her facebook yesterday :)

71523_453862677632_513247632_5810407_3779674_n.jpg