When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Planet Ocean 7750 Chronograph

Guest TTK

123143-21106.jpg

123143-21107.jpg

123143-21108.jpg

123143-21109.jpg

123143-21110.jpg

123143-21111.jpg

123143-21112.jpg

123143-21113.jpg

123143-21114.jpg

123143-21115.jpg

MAKE:OMEGA

MODEL:PLANET CHRONOGRAPH

MOVEMENT: ASIAN VALJOUX 7750B1 28,800 FAST BEAT AUTOMATIC

CASE DIAMETER: 45mm

THICKNESS: 16.5mm

DIAL COLOR: BLACK DIAL WITH ORANGE ARABIC INDICES AND CONTRASTING SUB DIALS

CASE MATERIAL: 316L STAINLESS STEEL

BRACELET: 316; STAINLESS STEEL

FRONT GLASS: GENUINE SAPPHIRE

BACK GLASS: SOLID FULLY ENGRAVED WITH HIPPOCAMPUS AND OMEGA LOGO AND PLANET OCEAN

BEZEL: UNI-DIRECTIONAL

SCREW DOWN CROWN:YES

HACK MOVEMENT: YES

CLASP: DOUBLE PUSH BUTTON FOLDOVER DEPLOYANT CLASP WITH DIVER'S EXTENSION

DATE WINDOW: @4:30........FULL BLACK DATE SAME AS ORIGINAL

WATER RESISTANT: YES

WORKING STOPWATCH AND CHRONOGRAPH: YES

CONSTANT RUNNING SECONDS @ 9.00

ELAPSED MINUTES@3

ELAPSED HOURS@6

ENGRAVED OPERATIONAL HE VALVE

Yeah I bet you just do hate to say it........and I hate to hear it.......I don't mind you criticising the item.......pointing out differences......but please stop crapping on MY topic and using it as an opportunity to PROMOTE an alternative dealer......that's not cricket.

Yeah I bet you just do hate to say it........and I hate to hear it.......I don't mind you criticising the item.......pointing out differences......but please stop crapping on MY topic and using it as an opportunity to PROMOTE an alternative dealer......that's not cricket.

This is the Omega photo section though, not your dealer section.............

So I feel he is entitled to inform other members of the pros and cons of this watch. The big problem that stopped me buying one was the sub dial spacing :p

Cheers :drunk:

Informing other members of differences and offering up a critique...... I have no problem with ......if I did....I wouldn't post it here....!

But if Tourneau were having an exhibition in the lobby of Trump Towers.....you wouldn't walk onto their stand and start crying out...."get your lucky Omegas at Costco"......would you...!

It's not cricket.....to promote other dealers in a dealers post.......every other dealer has the same opportinity for self promotion on this and other boards......!

Edited by TTK

True enough. It's not something I would do, but in an open forum what can you do?

If you want the extra viewing flow that goes through this forum section, is that the chance you take?

Myself I would love to pick up an Omega chrono, but none are accurate enough for my liking.

I don't understand why they don't make a replica of the Omega Sea-Master Professional Automatic Chronograph that uses the 7750, at least the dial spacing would be right. The one that I have seen was poor in other areas though -_-

If they made one with the same attention to detail as with the TAG chrono I would be ALL over it :Jumpy:

Not sure who's the alternative dealer round here, could it be the attitude? I didn't crap over your TRC post, ya want me to? Just say so mate, I love cricket.

I find it sometimes a bit unfair to criticize chrono reps with inaccurate subdial spacing because we simply don't have a rep movement to imitate watches with "closer" subdial arrangements. The reason why TAG Link and Breitling Fighters, etc. have correct spacing is because the Asian 7750 imitates ETA Valjoux which is used on these gens. IWC GST too, I assume.

All Speedmaster replicas have incorrect spacing as well. You have to live with it... or get the quartz versions. The spacing isn't off because the rep factories can't (or don't want to) make them better... they're off because it's technically impossible to make the spacing correct with the 7750. Personally, I wouldn't mind rep factories moving towards "frozen subdial/stopwatch" watches with standard 21J movements. Others might disagree and they want a fully working chrono. But then you have to buy what's available.

I think the PO Chrono rep is a beautiful watch... and I wrote in my Omega Guide that it has gotten a lot of unjustified "bad press" because of the new Breitlings and TAG Link had correct spacing (due to reasons I just wrote). There will never be a PO automatic Chrono with correct spacing. Complaining about it won't change this fact.

PS: I'm also amazed that they haven't replicated the SMP Bond Chronograph. That watch would be fairly easy to do properly. They did the "polished bezel" version which was a bit of a disappointment (despite the correct spacing).

Edited by By-Tor

I agree. Chrono's have come a long way..........but still not accurate. And probably will never be spaced correctly as long as there using the 7750. They would literally have to invent a new movement to achieve this (or replicate the real deal, which ain't easy or probably financially practical.

It wouldn't stop me from getting one (and, in fact, hasn't) since the I won't go marching into an AD to show it off.

I love it.. It's an absolutely beautiful watch.. I want it, but I have aversions against 7750s, and owning the quartz version, even with its crap datewheel, I can't get myself to buy this one.. ..yet.

I learned you should never say never when it comes to watches.

BTW: What's the difference between the plain-dial SMP Chrono Mickey Padge shows here and the wavy-patterned dial I see other places?

Are they two different versions, or just variations?

I agree 100% with By-Thor!

I also see Neil's point of view. He is just offering what is "available" from the rep factories. I think we forget sometimes that reps are reps, and certain models will never come as close to genuine as we would like them too!

My opinion would be to apprciate what is offered to us, and let the dealers show there goods without criticism! ;)

I had this model in titanium with the blue wave pattern, what a beautiful watch! At the time, it was too big for me and I never wore it :blink: ... If I could only see into the future :rolleyes:

123506-20961.jpg

Back to the PO chrono... Saw this at the AD the other day and it is a stunning watch, more so I feel than the plain PO.

Neil's watch pictured above does it great justice, and with a great price to boot...

By Thor is right on the money in regards to subdial spacing... It will never be right to the Omega co-axial escapement movement, it just won't happen, but right up there is surely an excellent facsimile of the closest you can get.

@Mike.......thanks for your comment......but I'd like to clarify my comments.....!

I'm not complaining about the watch being critiqued.....that's why I posted it here....for members to look at and judge....what I was complaining about was the bad form.....I spend a lot of time trying to put the best photos I can up on the forum......same when I detail the specs......having done so......I expect people to voice their opinions.....I don't expect nor appreciate a member directing others to another dealer who has no input in my post.......if the member wishes to promote another dealer.....then let the member start a topic which discusses the merits of each dealer who offers the watch for sale......simple courtesy.....it seems some are lacking it......as well as cojones.

All Speedmaster replicas have incorrect spacing as well. You have to live with it... or get the quartz versions. The spacing isn't off because the rep factories can't (or don't want to) make them better... they're off because it's technically impossible to make the spacing correct with the 7750.

So maybe they should stop trying to graft the bastard 7750 movement into these reps and instead concentrate on making a rep of the chrono module for the 2892 and a rep El Primero movement. Then the problem would magically.............disappear.

Edited by r11co

This is a nice looking piece. Neil isn't saying or showing anything that isn't entirely on the up and up, and as with any rep people should make their own call regarding they want to buy it or not. If a member wants to compare this rep with others like it offered by other dealers, that's certainly a productive exercise but it seems to me that as a matter of courtesy that should be its own topic. Just my two cents . . .