When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Update Asian 7753 - one week after the teardown

RWG Technical

It's been 7 days since the Asian 7753 was serviced and reviewed, the dial and hands were re-installed, and the watch was cased up.

The initial report was good, but how has the watch performed over the past week??

1. The movement has been keeping good time

2. The automatic date changeover has been working perfectly

3. The quick dateset has been tested and re-tested numerous times, it's working perfectly

4. The chrono has been used over a dozen times and allowed to run for varying amounts of time, all the chrono subdials work perfectly and all the hands reset to the correct position

5. The as-delivered defect with the sticking reversing wheel that was causing the rotor to spin during manual winding has been fixed, and the problem hasn't returned

6. The crown was too far out from the case, causing too much pressure on the stem and the keyless works, as well as bending the crown when the CG lever was closed. The stem was inspected and is the correct length, I found the crown o'ring to be too thick, it was replaced with one 1/2 the thickness, problem solved.

There is no reason that this movement won't last a long long time, if it's given the normal care of any mechanical movement, regular servicing at no more than 5 year intervals.

On another note, the lume on this 236 was very good, easily 90% of the brightness of Super Lume - As Delivered. Because of this, I do not recommend having this watch lumed, it's not really worth it... spend your money on long term care instead :)

So the new A7753 might not be a true 1:1 with Swiss, but at least it's a solid and reliable mech. Thanks for the review AND follow up, Zig! I am sure the question of quality and longterm reliability of this new movement was on the minds of many; your look inside is something that few can bring to the table, let alone in true Zigmeister style and form.

Ziggy thank you very much but i dont need to buy any more watches so why do you tell me this, i was happy thinking it was a time bomb and now you tell me lume is good as well, so all i have to do is service this and it will work perfectly, damn you man damn you :whistling:

Awesome news! Once again, a big big thank you to The Zigmeister for his awesome work!

I plan to wear this watch for a long time so if anyone's interested I can check in via this thread at 3,6,12,24 etc. month mark and report how it's running but I have a hunch it'll be pretty much the same as in the first 7 days :D

Ziggy thank you very much but i dont need to buy any more watches so why do you tell me this, i was happy thinking it was a time bomb and now you tell me lume is good as well, so all i have to do is service this and it will work perfectly, damn you man damn you :whistling:

I can easily save you 50% of the costs you will be out of pocket...how you say?

Easy, don't buy the watch, send me the 50% it would cost you -IF you bought the watch - and you get to keep the other 50% you would have spent, so see, it's a win win for both of us. :)

Easy, don't buy the watch, send me the 50% it would cost you -IF you bought the watch - and you get to keep the other 50% you would have spent, so see, it's a win win for both of us. :)

:lol:

Thanx for the update, R!

Let us know once you try the 7750 DW on it in the future, thanks!

Dru...lume on gen 236/250 Daylights is green, both charged and non-charged.

The rep is spot on in that respect. I can confirm that as I compared it to the one at the local AD.

• 2 weeks later...

:clapping: :clapping:

Nice.

I can save you 75%...;)

BTW...is an ETA reversing wheel compatible with the A7750 and A7753? I can't seem to find the post that had reference to what parts seemed to be compatible...grrrrr...

Hey, it was my idea, come up with your own cash cow....moooo.... :)

The majority of the ETA parts are not interchangeable on the Asian models, there are a few that will work, but I know for sure that the reversing wheel isn't one of them.

The problem I had was the pivots on the ETA reversing wheel were too large to fit into the Asian jewels.

Curse you. :bicycle:

The majority of the ETA parts are not interchangeable on the Asian models, there are a few that will work, but I know for sure that the reversing wheel isn't one of them.

The problem I had was the pivots on the ETA reversing wheel were too large to fit into the Asian jewels.

Grrrr...double curse. I knew there were some that would work...couldn't remember if this was one of them. Crap!

Thanks for the info R!!

Curse you. I never get a chance to ride on somebody else's coat tails. :bicycle:

Grrrr...double curse. I knew there were some that would work...couldn't remember if this was one of them. Crap!