When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Let's play a game...

mjmurphy926

WM9 / BK V2 Sub... er probably nothing! The pearl looks nice as does the crown. :wub:

Very close Rich!

Component list:

Case - WM9 v1 (actually PT's best from back in the day.)

Bezel assembly - Stock WM9 v1/PT's best

Crystal - Clark's

Bezel insert - The dreaded JO!

Pearl - GEN (Good eyes Rich)

Crown - BK custom crown. I don't think these are available anymore, but I could be wrong.

Movement - ETA 2836-2

Date wheel - BK date wheel overlay. HIGHLY recommended!

Bracelet - Stock WM9 v1 endlinks on noob hollow mid link bracelet.

Dial - noob 16610

The case was pretty rough when I bought this from a member on these boards. The upper CG was much fatter than the lower and there were tooling marks all over the rehaut. A lot of filing, sanding and polishing later, I have a case that I'm pretty happy with.

The single most dramatic change was the swap from a stock noob date wheel to the BK overlay. The noob numbers were too big and the font was too thin. I finally decided to make the switch and couldn't be happier!

The bracelet was a recent endeavor. I didn't like the solid mid bracelet that came with the watch, although it did have very nice SELs. I swapped the bracelet immediately with one of several noob bracelets I had laying around, but I was never really happy with the noob SELs as the center section was over worked leaving the edges slightly rounded. I finally got brave enough to disassemble both bracelets and make a single good one. I actually went through 2 noobs though, so it really took 3 bracelets to make one good one, but I'm thrilled with the final result!

I also have a brand new noob dial and hand set at Vac's right now getting the C1 lume treatment. Can't wait to get that stuff installed!

Anyway, thanks for looking.

Mike

the WM9V1 :)

i think the only WM9-Sub that's still available ?

im still working on mine - but was too busy with my GMT - project :)

IMG_5846.jpg

so far it has a new crystal+gasket, gen insert, BK-DW and the rehaut-engravings are gone for good ...

now it needs a gen crown, cg shave and relume .. puhh

you could get that all very easy with the V2 version ;)

cheers,

Frank

how did you take apart the bracelet? using pliers?

Yeah...I read that somewhere on these boards, but I can't find the thread now.

Someone spoke about using 2 pair of vicegrips. He said to line the vicegrip jaws with the type of sandpaper many electric finishing sanders use. The kind with the fuzzy side of velcro backing. That fuzzy stuff sticks to the other side of velcro on the sander. You cut a strip of the sanding disk a little wider than the vicegrip jaws and place in it the jaws so the sandy side grips the bracelet links.

I was amazed how little the sandpaper damaged the top link on the bracelet. I was able to remove the scratches with only a scotch brite pad.