When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Limewire shut down for good

Jawo

The LimeWire lawsuit was first brought in 2006 on behalf of the major record labels by the Recording Industry Association of America.

The Association says the court will conduct a trial in January to determine damages.

I wonder who they'll collect damages from?

theres three things i use.

torrents -where you can download complete albums or use select the individual song you want from the album to download

soulseek -which is a music sharing client like limewire but strictly music, no BS, no disease, you can find obscure stuff, its been around for a long time but no one knows about it, which is what has made it successful oddly.

and of course

usenet -everything is on usenet, but its a monthly paid service

Torrents all the way... I must admit, that if i'm only looking for a single song I use limewire... but my music hunting is usually done by albums.

For anyone looking for cheap, legal music, I often use Soundike.com for music I can't find on the torrents. It's a 2.0 version of allofmp3. You pay .15cents per song downloaded plus you get discounts on certain albums and for depositing money in quantities higher than $30. 1-2 bucks for an album is worth it if you ask me :) (depending on the artist)