When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How long have you had your UPO?

naeems

3 1/2 years and it's in regular rotation.

In that time though, it has benefited from a The Zigmeister service, including installation of gen dial/hands/crown/tube, Chief AR, and a much improved bracelet with gen clasp and endlinks.

I've been sorely tempted to just buy the gen on more than one occasion,(too much time spent in airports :-) ) but held back by the simple thought that I wouldn't want to let this one go, and in truth it's a great watch as is.

I have had my UPO for just over a year now. No mods yet. I have worn it in the surf/pool many times with no problems at all. After a surf I wash the watch to rid it of any corroding salt just in case any of the bracelet pins are not stainless. Its my daily watch so there is no real need to constantly be pulling the crown out and re setting the time. I am aware of the stem problems so I am gentle when adjusting the date and the crown and stem have so far lasted well.

The only thing I would like to fix is the bezel insert because of the positioning of the pearl. Apart from this I think you would have to be pretty good to spot it from a genuine. I'd also like a genuine case back as the sea monster is more rounded than the flattened Reps monster and looks very nice indeed. Of course nobody is going to see that but it's a nice mod just the same.

I have had my UPO for just over a year now. No mods yet. I have worn it in the surf/pool many times with no problems at all. After a surf I wash the watch to rid it of any corroding salt just in case any of the bracelet pins are not stainless. Its my daily watch so there is no real need to constantly be pulling the crown out and re setting the time. I am aware of the stem problems so I am gentle when adjusting the date and the crown and stem have so far lasted well.

The only thing I would like to fix is the bezel insert because of the positioning of the pearl. Apart from this I think you would have to be pretty good to spot it from a genuine. I'd also like a genuine case back as the sea monster is more rounded than the flattened Reps monster and looks very nice indeed. Of course nobody is going to see that but it's a nice mod just the same.

Not sure that the genuine case back fits the rep. Remember that the UPO is not a 1:1 rep. despite popular belief :)

I have a UPO with the genuine case back ( genuine dial, hands, crown and stem as well) and it fits perfectly.

point taken. i've also got gen crown, stem, tube, crystal and datewheel. :) wasn't sure about the caseback, thanks for confirming.

Bezel assemby is not the same on the UPO as the gen. From what I've understood A bezel can be modified to fit the UPO but is not a direct swap. Furthermore, to modify a genuine bezel, it must be glued or fixed to the case (preventing bezel rotation). Also, bezel insert is not a clean swap either.

point taken. i've also got gen crown, stem, tube, crystal and datewheel. :) wasn't sure about the caseback, thanks for confirming.

Bezel assemby is not the same on the UPO as the gen. From what I've understood A bezel can be modified to fit the UPO but is not a direct swap. Furthermore, to modify a genuine bezel, it must be glued or fixed to the case (preventing bezel rotation). Also, bezel insert is not a clean swap either.

I'm guessing you now long for an original caseback.............

post-25081-0-17694100-1290549840.jpg

Have one for nearly 4 years, from the first batch, I think it was on special offer around Christmas 2007 from Andrew with free shipping :) I wear it a lot and never had any problems with it. It is the only watch I every owned that did not need to be regulated, keeps time within +2 sec per day! Never tried to swim with it, so no idea how waterproof it is or is not :whistling: I always had the impression my UPO is a better watch then the genuine PO given all the reported problems with the coaxial esc. movement...